Trading without the CCI is suicide or is it??? - page 2

Hi ValeoFX

I use 6 and 14 CCi together on 1 chart (30min), with levels of +-100;+-200 and 0.

The 6 is my rabbit and the 14 gives me the longer trend. If 14 stays above 0 = up trend and below 0 = down trend - the rabbit I use to fine tune entry.

Hi valeofx,

I tried using the WCCI and frequented the chat room. However, I just cant seem to be making any progress with this and have switched over to the 50CCI which seems to be more smoother and helps to keep on the right side of the trend. However, as with any trend/momentum tools it gives lots of false signals.

So just curious, how many trades do you take daily and what pairs?

I usually trade the gbp as its quite volatile, but on ranging days its just mindless to trade with CCI. The 14CCI is very noisy.

Just curious if any of you guys use 50CCI?? Would love to get in touch with you.

Would love to hear your opinions.

thanks

Cci-50

radicalmoses:
Hi valeofx,

I tried using the WCCI and frequented the chat room. However, I just cant seem to be making any progress with this and have switched over to the 50CCI which seems to be more smoother and helps to keep on the right side of the trend. However, as with any trend/momentum tools it gives lots of false signals.

So just curious, how many trades do you take daily and what pairs?

I usually trade the gbp as its quite volatile, but on ranging days its just mindless to trade with CCI. The 14CCI is very noisy.

Just curious if any of you guys use 50CCI?? Would love to get in touch with you.

Would love to hear your opinions.

thanks

Hi there "RadicalMoses" - I started looking at the CCI-55 (NB) a year ago as direction indicator only. I have downloaded the info on how to trade the CCI-50 and am studying it. Will let you know. I do on average 2 trades a day, some days 3 - 4 on the GBP/USD only.

Although the CCI_14 seems to be "noisy" if we understand it better, we can be very successful and hence my absolute commitment to understand it better.

ValeoFX:
Hi there "RadicalMoses" - I started looking at the CCI-55 (NB) a year ago as direction indicator only. I have downloaded the info on how to trade the CCI-50 and am studying it. Will let you know. I do on average 2 trades a day, some days 3 - 4 on the GBP/USD only. Although the CCI_14 seems to be "noisy" if we understand it better, we can be very successful and hence my absolute commitment to understand it better.

Hi Valeofx,

Would love to hear your opinion on the 50CCI. But if the 14CCI has been successful for you, I wouldnt even bother going to another system.

I have studied the TLB's, HTLB, ZLR, famir, vegas , rev div. However sideways markets have been killing the profits. The 50CCI is simple, just 3 patterns and very easy to understand.(IMO)

Thanks look forward to hearing from you.

radicalmoses:
Hi Valeofx,

Would love to hear your opinion on the 50CCI. But if the 14CCI has been successful for you, I wouldnt even bother going to another system.

I have studied the TLB's, HTLB, ZLR, famir, vegas , rev div. However sideways markets have been killing the profits. The 50CCI is simple, just 3 patterns and very easy to understand.(IMO)

Thanks look forward to hearing from you.

Lets stay in touch about this. I have it up and running alongside the "regular" one, so forward testing is the better option here.

ValeoFX:
Lets stay in touch about this. I have it up and running alongside the "regular" one, so forward testing is the better option here.

Any update information so far?

Devil2000:
Any update information so far?

Yes, the only update is that I use very successfully the 34/14 on my 5M chart and for longer timeframes stay on 14/6.

This thread was started in my days when I kept on missing the entries because I did not know how to read the CCI correctly.

If you follow the XO_method thread here, you will see how effective it is.

Best wishes.