Harmonic Trading - page 268

How to use the harmonic pattern

Dear sir, please kindly assist on how to use the harmonic pattern in pdf format , where to set stop loss and take profit. Thanks

How to backtest ZUP harmonic patterns?

Hello,

An acquaintance showed me ZUP on MT4 and I was wondering if anybody tried to compute what is the success rate of harmonic patterns over a certain period.

First, I have a bit of trouble understanding how ZUP works (it seems to me that it tries to get them from the ZigZag tops and bottoms with different settings).

Second I am not sure MT4 is a very good option for proper backtesting, so I was wondering if anybody ported ZUP on a platform such as Tradestation which has better backtesting abilities ?

I have two other questions about ZUP and harmonic trading patterns ...

I Understand that it is important to recognize the patterns early.

For now I have been looking at the H4, D1 and W1 charts of the major pairs in MT4 with ZUP and WRR.

However I never managed to see a pattern in the early stage, is it because I am not looking enough regularly ?

Or is it because ZUP and WRR are using ZigZag and they need the retrace in the opposite direction to signal the local top or bottom to finish the pattern ?

Last question is: how can I display all the harmonic patterns in the chart? It seems that ZUP/WRR is only diplaying the last one.

Usdcad h4

Bat pattern

Files:
usdcadh4.png  44 kb

usdcadH4

deep crab

Files:
usdcad_2.png  41 kb

4cast did you find the pattern manually or did you use something to detect it :?

BlueTrin:
4cast did you find the pattern manually or did you use something to detect it :?

yes I find patterns manualy

4cast:
yes I find patterns manualy

Is there a bit of a methodology in order to find them :?

Or is it very much about just trying until you find them :?

BlueTrin:
Is there a bit of a methodology in order to find them :? Or is it very much about just trying until you find them :?

this is right ==>Or is it very much about just trying until you find them :?

4cast:
this is right ==>Or is it very much about just trying until you find them :?

I guess there is a reason for you to not use automatic scanners :?

Is that the ones which are too obvious give worse results :?

(sorry for all these questions)