Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 480

I found the one causing the problem,it is this one, any idea why this is freezing the platform?

Files:

john1368:
I have uploaded all my stuff including the platform and template so the problem will be easy to see,specifically happening with Crude Oil for some reason, let me know how you go, to big to upload here so it is here for you to download,really appreciate your time with this,thanks, http://www.filedropper.com/indicators

John

Try the following : open just one clean chart (close all the other charts) . Add the indicator to it (the one you tell that it is causing problem). See how will it behave then (as far as CPU usage is concerned). If it is OK, add next indicator and check the CPU usage again. That is the only way how you can pinpoint which indicator is causing you problems.

As I told, the indicator we were talking about can not cause (at least it is not causing it at my terminal) any terminal and CPU overload

I found this indicator to be the problem Givonly_SnR_SnD.mq4, I also found a updated cleaned up version here, tried it but it made no difference?

Files:

john1368:
I found this indicator to be the problem Givonly_SnR_SnD.mq4, I also found a updated cleaned up version here, tried it but it made no difference?

Dear John1368,

Causing such problems can also be found in the quantity of uploaded indicators in the MT4 platform and depends on which broker your working with. Than make adjustments to the indicators you will see slowly on delays of your MT4 platform. Sometimes you have to download your platform from your broker again to refresh the data, and all works perfectly again. When there will be an indicator not working that proper at most times it's caused by trying to modify this by yourself coping and opening through your platform instead of the refered metaquotes software programm MQL.

I have had this experience shortly.

Caution: before you do this make a total back up first, normally it will causes no damage to your installed indi's and templates but you never know.

Good luck. Marco320

Hi, maybe you can make this indicator in MTF ?

Thanks in advanse.

Dear Mr. Tools or Mr. MLaden,

Attached indicator on ZigZag method. Is it possible to make this indicator NotRepaint or at least more comfortable to trade on 5M chart and building auto refreshing because in a more flat market there are false signals. I use Depth 16 and Gross Period 30. Using 16/60 you will have less trades per month but is more stable/steady. Or do you have another indicator which I will be able to use which ?

So if it is possible to reach this on 5M charts it would be an outcome.

Thx a lot and hope to hear soon.

Marco320

dt-zigzag-lauer.mq4

Files:

Marco320:
Dear Mr. Tools or Mr. MLaden,

Attached indicator on ZigZag method. Is it possible to make this indicator NotRepaint or at least more comfortable to trade on 5M chart and building auto refreshing because in a more flat market there are false signals. I use Depth 16 and Gross Period 30. Using 16/60 you will have less trades per month but is more stable/steady. Or do you have another indicator which I will be able to use which ?

So if it is possible to reach this on 5M charts it would be an outcome.

Thx a lot and hope to hear soon.

Marco320

dt-zigzag-lauer.mq4

Marco320

First of all, the original code of that indicator (not the decompiled one) was posted at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172952 almost 8 years ago (so I really do not understand why did someone start distributing decompiled code of a free indicator - I know that it is not you who started it, but never the less makes me wonder what is the "improvement" compared to the original code to look at the decompiled code).

Second : since it is using the regular ZigZag indicator it has all the properties that ZigZag has too : it repaints and can not be made differently (peaks and valley pinpointing az ZigZag does is not possible without recalculating / repainting)

Good Morning/Evening! I realize that it is highly unlikely that the following could be coded and I have never seen anything like it but I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts anyone has on it. Is it possible (or has anybody ever seen) a chart that took a 1H currency pair chart and overlaid it on a 5M currency pair chart BUT was actually able to show the indicators attached to both charts simultaneously? I've seen quite a few indicators that can create MTF candles overlaid a lower time-frame chart but never one that would show the indicators attached to the large time frame candles.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts, I'd be interested in hearing them. If this doesn't make any sense, I apologize. Either way, thanks for taking the time to read it! Regards!

JDR1900:
Good Morning/Evening! I realize that it is highly unlikely that the following could be coded and I have never seen anything like it but I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts anyone has on it. Is it possible (or has anybody ever seen) a chart that took a 1H currency pair chart and overlaid it on a 5M currency pair chart BUT was actually able to show the indicators attached to both charts simultaneously? I've seen quite a few indicators that can create MTF candles overlaid a lower time-frame chart but never one that would show the indicators attached to the large time frame candles. Anyway, if you have any thoughts, I'd be interested in hearing them. If this doesn't make any sense, I apologize. Either way, thanks for taking the time to read it! Regards!

Unfortunately you are right that it is highly unlikely. And due to some other thing (impossibility to "see" all but one buffer when applying built in indicators to custom indicators, and inability to apply custom indicators to another custom indicators) it is not possible.

Good Morning MR Mladen!!

I'am newbie at forex market and I like to thanks for your friendly support with the members of the TSD!!

I'd like to know if its possible adapt the indicator below to 1M time frame and how can I disable the sounds alerts?

My best regards!

Files:
jontarno.ex4  19 kb