Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 477

rickyponting:
1. can i declare any big arbitray size array ? like array[2000]..I was under the impression once i declare array it will dynamically allocate memory.2.saw in couple of places that easiest solution is to use iBars..can i use it without materially affecting the results ?

1. Yes you can

2. Yes, since iBars() will return you the same number as Bars except that with iBars() you can specify different symbol and time frame

Thanks very much,will try it out.

Thanks chief..I am still into the coding..will definitely come back with more problems

how do i pass on an array to a different function?

suppose i calculate all the timeframe averages in a seperate function say macalculation() and invoke them into 2 other functions say checkopen () and checkclose(). Right now I am getting some problem with the values.Can u guide me on right syntax.

rickyponting:
how do i pass on an array to a different function? suppose i calculate all the timeframe averages in a seperate function say macalculation() and invoke them into 2 other functions say checkopen () and checkclose(). Right now I am getting some problem with the values.Can u guide me on right syntax.

Pass the array by reference to the function. Something like this :

double arrayToPass[100];

someFunction(arrayToPass);

[/PHP]

and the someFunction() in this case would be something like this :

[PHP]void someFunction(double& arrayReceived[])

{

arrayReceived[0] = 1; // array will be assigned some value

}

the "&" tells to compiler that the array is passed by reference

PS: used some values that are just for example. The size of the array you should determine according to your needs (as well as the operations you wish to do on the array elements)

PPS: please, in the future, posts about coding issues post at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385 since this thread is dedicated to multi time frame indicators not coding questions

Can this be made MTF? Also notice that it only works on specific pairs, can it be modified to work on any chart it is attached to, is this possible at all?

john1368:
Can this be made MTF? Also notice that it only works on specific pairs, can it be modified to work on any chart it is attached to, is this possible at all?

Decompiled code. Sorry

mladen:
john1368 Here you go

Dear Mladen,

Could you make this indicator also with arrow alerts on screen in chart and seperate window(to be swichted on/off mode) when colored lines DarkSlateGray Crosses DodgerBlue for long and short signals on screen. Short = when DarkSlateGray crosses form under through DodgerBlue and vice versa. Thx a lot for your cooperation and help. Marco

GWTriDiffMetatrader4 mtf.mq4

Please make a mtf version of the indicator. Thank you!

Files:

I find FX Pulse very useful. It shows the trend in all the time frames as well as showing which markets are open and the time there. Here is a screen shot:

If you do download it make sure you disable the news feed as it crashes my MT4.

Files: