Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 149

droesparky:
Good Stuff TRO, Im re-reading this a few times this weekend.

One of my favorite stories concerns a Buddhist scholar and a Zen Master. The scholar had an extensive background in Buddhist Studies and was an expert on the Nirvana Sutra. He came to study with the master and after making the customary bows, asked her to teach him Zen. Then, he began to talk about his extensive doctrinal background and rambled on and on about the many sutras he had studied.

The master listened patiently and then began to make tea. When it was ready, she poured the tea into the scholar's cup until it began to overflow and run all over the floor. The scholar saw what was happening and shouted, "Stop, stop! The cup is full; you can't get anymore in."

The master stopped pouring and said: "You are like this cup; you are full of ideas about Buddha's Way. You come and ask for teaching, but your cup is full; I can't put anything in. Before I can teach you, you'll have to empty your cup."

This is the reason so many traders can't master simple strategies.

"If we see with Buddha's eyes, everything is fresh and new, for we receive things with a free and open mind, empty of preconceptions."

Listen to the teaching without trying to make it conform to your own self-centered viewpoint; otherwise, you will be unable to understand what is said.... Unify your body and mind and receive the Master's teaching as if water were being poured from one vessel into another.

FirstStrike.mq4; arrow shows what was hit first - Hi or Low

Files:

TheRumpledOne:
Stops are simple.

5 pip stop or 7 pip stop.

If it goes more than 7 pips against you, statistics say it's a loser for a long time.

thnx, i see.

that's how they breaking Vegas; but here you allowed to use computer and/or brain (House will not let you to calculate the odds even without computer (meaning - using only your brain) to beat The House) ... odd?

TRO, to have complete picture in this thread, could you comment on what ways and tools you use to run statistics, your methods based?

Thanks FXBS

fxbs:
Hi, Highway3000! thanks 4 kind words!

i'm not much on alerts (when you have like 5 mt4 platforms, 3 editors running in one monitor at same time while you messing with indis (and not in the best mood) - you'll start hate this alerts like very much)

some mtf ind with alert - in alert thread; Valeo (XO thread) uses mtf woodiesCCI - they might have one with allert (some mtf stochastics, etc)

btw. what you need bare mtf cci alert for? just 4 example?

attachment - MTF_MACDwAllert (basicaly the same as regular (not mtf) + TimeFrame)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Thanks FXBS

I will try the woodies and see if it fits. But I prefer the CCI since my system is using CCI. The reason I would like the mtf CCI alert is to have a message telling which pair crossed cci zero and an audio to go along. Say when I am looking at the H1 chart, I would like CCI H4 to alert me when H4 CCI crosses zero. It make trading easier when one is watching a few pairs.

By the way, let me thank you once more personally for your wonderful contribution on this great mtf site.

Highway

fxbs:
see, in your templete trend rsi and laguerre was scaled differently; and autoscaled they been shifting and "robing" against each other when puting 2 indis in one window, make sure both ind. max and min are fixed (indicator properties/ common tab)

Hello fxbs

Can you take a look at the pictur i attached it please..it seems that there is some differences..(by the way why you have only the TSI ??!!but in my chart there are the cener of gravity and the RVI too..maybe i miss it when i upload or you do not liked it and u remove it from ur chart??)

could you please teach me what to do to make it appear like when it were 2 indicators at the same window..i am so sorry buddy..and thank you very much for your great and kind help..

thank you in advance

Thank you fxbs

fxbs:
here you go, try

MTF works with TrendRSI_v3.mq4 and Laguerre2-ACS1.ex4

(previous ahmedazizelias posts)

instead max/min 0.00/1.00 i set -5/105 to clear 0/100

I am so sorry bcause of my late reponces ..i had to sleep and i already miss the masters ideas..

Thank you very very much for ur new indicator..it looks very good one..

thank you again and sorry for the late

Files:
len.gif  35 kb

Thank you TRO

TheRumpledOne:
Geez....

All the Buy Zone indicators attached the zip and unzipped versions.

YOU OWE ME BIGTIME!!

Actully now i owe you alot..i think i should sell my house to pay u some!!!please do not ask me to do it..LOL

what kind of brain you have man?!!..TRO makes dreams comes true..dammm

thank you agin and agin for ur golden work..i can not catch u up..

keep it up buddy

TheRumpledOne:
Indicator inputs are usually:
  • PRICE
  • VOLUME
  • TIME
So they ALL lag.

To me, it's so much easier to just trade PRICE POINTS like the Hourly Open, Daily Open, Weekly Open and Monthly Open. When the price crosses the line, just trade in the direction of the cross.

It's so profitable to watch the price drop like a rock one day and then see it rocket back up to the previous day's open and beyond.

The white squares are the previous candle's open price. Trading in the direction of the cross can be extremely profitable.

Price is either going to go UP or DOWN, so if it isn't going one way, it's going the other. So if price can't get above the previous bar's open, it must be falling!!

No indicators where harmed in the production of this chart...LOL!

TRO!!

What r u doing man!!..so,what exactly u use in ur owen chart?what is ur stratigy start from when u open ur computer till u finish the counting ur pips ..many seductive indicators u had uplaoded it and i got lost to what should i do and what is the best use of them?..by the way,u sometimes use 1h charts then u use daily charts!!what is ur favorit stratigy and favorit indicators which you use it in ur owen chart?what indicators u depend on it ?can u uplaod ur tempelet please..

u said that if the price went up/down more than 7 points that means it will go this direction..BUT,sometimes(actuly many times)it does not do that,and then it goes one direction more than 40 pips the re-correct its directions to the reversed way..it makes big loses if i enter because of passing the (7)pips or even 20 pips..it is not enough to detremine the trend direction by this way..maybe i am wrong..if i do,please guid me to ur idea..thank u TRO

If u need an accountant to count ur huorly pips..here i am..for free ..just teach me and tell me ur secret ...LOL

TheRumpledOne:
NO.

It was a chart that had been running all day.

What exactly are you trying to do?

no kidding? - nobody swiched timeframe or connection lost

thought it's diff.version , dem!

well, it's not like we need big arrows in History - nice clean line (BZ History) - perfect

some indis (pardon myself, not indis - goodies, tools) could be usefull:

Files:

I use the BUY ZONE.

That's all I need.

I track the Hourly Range using the TRO_Range indicator on a H1 chart.

On TradeStation, I keep track of the range per hour for the last 6 trading days by the hour. I know the average over the last 960 hours. These are the stats that make it profitable.

USDJPY ranges a little over 24 pips on average. We all know the most volatile times to trade and the quiet times to avoid.

The Buy Zone is 8 pips wide. The hourly range is 24. The price must move out of the Buy Zone... it has no choice.

Just write an indicator to see how many times the hourly range is 8 or less and in the same indicator display how many times it is more than 10, more than 20, more than 30.

Actually, to fine tune, display the statistics for HIGH-OPEN and OPEN-LOW.

You can read all about the Buy Zone on www.kreslik.com

I also trade the 00 crosses, and the previous day's high/open/close/low/midpoint crosses. Just trade in the direction of the daily candle.. that's the daily trend!!

Most important:

• DON'T BE GREEDY
  • KEEP IT SIMPLE
  • REMEMBER 2 PIPS NET IS A LOT OF MONEY
See, you don't need indicators, especially after you enter a trade because then the only thing that matters is PRICE.