Marks trendline cross system 1000 pips - page 6

Sunwest,

I wish I know more about MQ4 language so I could help you guys out. I still can not figure out how to program the up and down arrow alerts to be sent by email and pop up on the screen.

Have a good weekend!

FXHound

Tradin

Well things went pretty well with all my open trades today. wow what a wild market. I make pips on 25 out of trades that took profit today with my scaled take profit process.

Tomorrow night after I get out of work I will start evaluating the profit loss using the close of the first and last candle, starting with Jan 06 eurusd and gbpusd, I am also going to post the take profit process as well because that has more potentional than the trade end to end.

WOW what a day in the market.

Mark

Trades

Hi all here is where I am at for the last couple of days. Dont forget I am using a step take profit. these are live trades using this system.

Mark

forgot the data oops

DMCST:
Hi all here is where I am at for the last couple of days. Dont forget I am using a step take profit. these are live trades using this system. Mark

Sorry I forgot to attach the data chart, here it is.

Mark

Pips

DMCST:
Sorry I forgot to attach the data chart, here it is. Mark

Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while.

I will post some back testing later today.

Mark

Just my 2cents:

Think about the correlations of some pairs. Does it make sense if you trade highly positive or negative pairs? Since you have to deal with the % of risk per trade you would increase the risk trading highly positive/negative pairs.

Having a StopLoss in place is a very good idea but maybe you should treat the fixed StopLoss as emergency exit and find a way to adapt StopLoss and TakingProfit with the flow of the market.

Good luck

Tom

Just learning

viennatrader:
Just my 2cents:

Think about the correlations of some pairs. Does it make sense if you trade highly positive or negative pairs? Since you have to deal with the % of risk per trade you would increase the risk trading highly positive/negative pairs.

Having a StopLoss in place is a very good idea but maybe you should treat the fixed StopLoss as emergency exit and find a way to adapt StopLoss and TakingProfit with the flow of the market.

Good luck

Tom

Thanks for the feed back. I spent a lot of time doing just what you suggested, looking at these correlations and I did get whipped out several times going long on EUR/USD I think (I am at work right now) WOW so much to learn.

I will post some data and some Ideas, tonight I hope, please feel free to comment again (I need feedback)

Thanks again.

Mark

Hello Everyone,

I finally made this EA, that goes with the indicator V1.2, it ia attached to the post.

I also added the startegy tester for EUR/USD 1H from jan 06.

This result are obtained from the cross over LSMA 65 and 12.

In the EA I added a trailling stop,

and also I included a secure profit process with

ProfitModifySL that if set to X, If the price is in X pips profit it will modify the stop loss to break even.

Hope this help and good luck to Mark ).

S.

Forward Testing

Thanks Sunwest I will open a new demo and start trading to see what forward testing does. back testing does not lto ook promising.

Mark

Ea

sunwest:
Hello Everyone,

I finally made this EA, that goes with the indicator V1.2, it ia attached to the post.

I also added the startegy tester for EUR/USD 1H from jan 06.

This result are obtained from the cross over LSMA 65 and 12.

In the EA I added a trailling stop,

and also I included a secure profit process with

ProfitModifySL that if set to X, If the price is in X pips profit it will modify the stop loss to break even.

Hope this help and good luck to Mark ).

S.

Sunwest, the ea did not trigger at the cross, is there something I need to do to get it to work?

Mark