Ema Cross! - page 53

:)

eric79:
Hi Amarnath

I see you often use the term +ve or -ve. What does it mean, would you mind telling me?

Eric

+ve = positive

-ve = Negative

Any idea why my backtesting of moneymaker and ema cross is different than posted by others?

No, sorry, no idea yet. I would have to do my own backtesting but i have not tested the new versions yet.

Statement update!

Check out the statement update of EMACCH (EMA_CROSS_CONTEST_HEDGED).

Anybody forward test it (or the other new versions) ?

amarnath:
Hi , I tried with some ver of EMA cross on backtesting but i am getting totally opposite results here . I used Alpari data and platform for back testing. I attached Moneymaker Backtest result on 1hr Eurusd applied with default settings even with other EMA crosses i get totally opposite and -ve results am i missing something pls advice

amarnath,

This is my report (attached)!

And this is the version I used (attached)!

I think we can't relay only on the backtest. But My in my test I used the date from 2005/01/01 to Today!

Anybody forward test the MoneyMaker?

The big Problem

the EMA strategies work very good in currencies with significant trend, but sumetimes they move trendless, Opening new orders in this situation, not profitable

your large losses are the result of this situation

how can we informed that the trend is near sideway?

or what is our alternative strategy for get in?

i'm working on a EA which works on many currencies in all situations

thanks

intelligent_14 I have experienced the same thing ... as you probably know there are some indicators that show trending markets. The difficulty is to reliably build them into an EA.

migrane

codersguru:
Check out the statement update of EMACCH (EMA_CROSS_CONTEST_HEDGED). Anybody forward test it (or the other new versions) ?

I have started to forward test EMACCH on the four majors with default settings. So far no crosses yet, so no trades. I am going to just let it run. I see you have it on many pairs. I guess eventually we will see if it is better to use it on many pairs or only a select few.

hi all, could someone changed the EMA_CROSS_CONTEST_HEDGED to manual system, i mean make some indicator for it, i want to see what happen on chart.

thx in advance

I think we can't relay only on the backtest. But My in my test I used the date from 2005/01/01 to Today!

We completly can't rely on backtests. Have a look at my report. 90% modeling quality, the same settings as Codersguru, and Amarnath, but results completly different. The only way is to forward test.

Power of back tests

krall:
We completly can't rely on backtests. Have a look at my report. 90% modeling quality, the same settings as Codersguru, and Amarnath, but results completly different. The only way is to forward test.

if you want to close your backtest to the real conditions, you should Optimize your program in the specific time period, and on the other time period test it with the output parameters form Optimization

don't forget that, all currencies market are have different conditions, and your EA would have significant performances, you should optimize your parameters with each currency pairs and test it like i mentioned in the previous paragraph