Ema Cross! - page 52

Trailing Stop on Short EMA ??

iliaazshareef:
Hi All,

I was testing the EMA_Cross_6 version .

I wanted to do this adjustment if it is possible! The stop loss to be lets say 5 pips below/above the shortEMA as per buy or sell. How to put this in the EA?

thx for your help.

Am I understanding this correctly ? would this be like a trailing stop on the short EMA ?

Migrane.

migrane:
I just noticed while looking at your code that for the Cross_2 you were doing the EMAs on the current bar and for Cross_6 you are doing them 1 bar back ? Any reason for this ?!?

Cross_2

SEma = iMA(NULL,0,ShortEma,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

LEma = iMA(NULL,0,LongEma,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Cross_6

SEma = iMA(NULL,0,ShortEma,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

LEma = iMA(NULL,0,LongEma,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

Migrane

When you test your EA in MST it's better to use 0 bar (the current bar).

But in the forward and Live mode it's recommended to use 1 bar (Previous completed bar).

Emac7

Do you still believe in Stragey Tester??

I do!

Try out MoneyMaker (EMAC7).

EMAC_HEDGED statement update!

Check out the statement so far!

Note: Attached modified version of the EA!

codersguru:

I do!

So besides doing EMA at 4 and 24 and your code getting a bit more "streamlined" has anything else changed ?! I cant really tell

Migrane.

migrane:
So besides doing EMA at 4 and 24 and your code getting a bit more "streamlined" has anything else changed ?! I cant really tell Migrane.

It makes grid of pending orders at the Level , Step and Size you want.

Level: What the price level from the current price or last pending order you want to open the position.

Step: The pips between the orders.

Size: The number of orders for every currency.

migrane:
Am I understanding this correctly ? would this be like a trailing stop on the short EMA ? Migrane.

hi, exactly that is what I want, any helpers?

iliaazshareef:
hi, exactly that is what I want, any helpers?

I could give it a try but would you explain please how that would help ?!

Migrane

I am getting totally opposite results on my backtest of same EA here why??

codersguru:

I do!

Hi ,

I tried with some ver of EMA cross on backtesting but i am getting totally opposite results here . I used Alpari data and platform for back testing. I attached Moneymaker Backtest result on 1hr Eurusd applied with default settings even with other EMA crosses i get totally opposite and -ve results am i missing something pls advice

Hi Amarnath

I see you often use the term +ve or -ve. What does it mean, would you mind telling me?

Eric