Ema Cross! - page 22

Codersguru,

You are right : 2 Lots because you set MM = True

I left the adjustment by defect to continue the test of this ea.

Want you to confirm well if EA EMA_CROSS_V2 of the post189.html is well the last version ?

Can you assure me that this statement post202.htmlcorrepond with this message: post189.html ?

BrunoFX:
Codersguru,

You are right : 2 Lots because you set MM = True

I left the adjustment by defect to continue the test of this ea.

Want you to confirm well if EA EMA_CROSS_V2 of the post189.html is well the last version ?

BrunoFX,

Yes, the last version of the EA and the Indicator are in the post189.html.

BrunoFX:
Can you assure me that this statement post202.htmlcorrepond with this message: post189.html ?

I think so !

codersguru:
Hi Hendrick,

If you set MM=false, the EA will use the Lotsvalue you supply (No increasing or decreasing)!

Here's the code:

double LotSize()

{

double lotMM = MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 10000) / 10;

if (lotMM < 0.1) lotMM = Lots;

if (lotMM > 1.0) lotMM = MathCeil(lotMM);

if (lotMM > 100) lotMM = 100;

return (lotMM);

}[/php]

And:

[php]if(MM==true) Lots = LotSize(); //Adjust the lot size

Hi Codersguru,

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly. What I want to do is open a micro-account (with lot-size 0.01). And I want the EA to increase the number of lots according to MM=true (so number of lots 0.02, 0.03 and so on). But if I set MM=false the EA will never increase the number of lots in one trade? How can I instruct the EA to trade a micro-account in the same way as it does with a mini-account??

Codersguru you truly are a coder guru,

Would like to express a BIG THANKYOU for sharing this EA, In the spot FX world we all at one stage pilling on one indicator after another in order to achieve a solid system in our own way. But in the end we all go back to basics. This EA is simple & seems solid. Thankyou coderguru for looking at the simplistic side of spot fx & refreshing us all on how simple trading can be effective. also a big thankyou to all others contributed to this thread.

Hendrick

I'm not sure many brokers accept a trade were the lot values are below 0.1, hey I might be wrong but the purpose of a mini account is to trade in only $10.000 or lot value 0.1 or $1 per pip eg Eur/USD. the only broker i'm aware of that allows you to trade less than lot 0.1 per is O_A_N_D_A. they use a java based platform & not Metatrader.

A simple way to find out is just do a manual trade with the lot value 0.01 & see if it works & displays in cent value. If it works it works, therefore the problem would lie with the expert. Then maybe you can then modify the lot values in the expert.

This EA shows a lot of pipping potential

Jorgka

jorgka:

Would like to express a BIG THANKYOU for sharing this EA, In the spot FX world we all at one stage pilling on one indicator after another in order to achieve a solid system in our own way. But in the end we all go back to basics. This EA is simple & seems solid. Thankyou coderguru for looking at the simplistic side of spot fx & refreshing us all on how simple trading can be effective. also a big thankyou to all others contributed to this thread.

Hendrick

I'm not sure many brokers accept a trade were the lot values are below 0.1, hey I might be wrong but the purpose of a mini account is to trade in only $10.000 or lot value 0.1 or $1 per pip eg Eur/USD. the only broker i'm aware of that allows you to trade less than lot 0.1 per is O_A_N_D_A. they use a java based platform & not Metatrader.

A simple way to find out is just do a manual trade with the lot value 0.01 & see if it works & displays in cent value. If it works it works, therefore the problem would lie with the expert. Then maybe you can then modify the lot values in the expert.

Jorgka

Interbank allows 0.01 lots on a mini, which works good if you are testing out grid style traders. Interbank uses Metatrader 4

neurex.de

jorgka:

Hendrick

Jorgka

Hi Jorgka,

Look at http://neurex.de (german language, but you find the English button on their home-page). They offer micro-accounts with MT4. If I want to try one of the EA's (Guru's EA!) on a live account I think it's wise to start with a micro-account. Just to see if the results that I have now with my demo-account are the same in a live-account. I can afford to blow-up 300 $ but 3000 $ is a different story!

Micro-Account!

Hendrick:
Hi Jorgka, Look at http://neurex.de (german language, but you find the English button on their home-page). They offer micro-accounts with MT4. If I want to try one of the EA's (Guru's EA!) on a live account I think it's wise to start with a micro-account. Just to see if the results that I have now with my demo-account are the same in a live-account. I can afford to blow-up 300 $ but 3000 $ is a different story!

Hendrick,

Don't cry !

This is the micro-account enabled version.

Just set AccountIsMicroto trueand enjoy! .

Files:

coderguru i have plot the Ema but it doesn't open any trades...

Thanks!

jorgka:

Jorgka

Thank you Jorgkafor your kind comment !

Hope my simple approach working in a complex world!

Which version?

creative:
coderguru i have plot the Ema but it doesn't open any trades...

creative,

Which version? What are the settings? Who am I?