Ema Cross! - page 16

krall:
One more example with GBPUSD 1H, without stop loss. 2005.09.12 buy for 1.8356 and this order is still open till now. So we need gigantic acount and nerves of steel...

You are right about the nerves of steel. This trade didn't margin call, as you still had not come close to using 98% of your account, though -$10,000 isn't great either.

The problem with doing this system on a 1 day chart is the trades take forever (so the need to be going with interest is key), plus you would need either low lots or a large account to weather the drawdown.

This is one thing i don't like about counter-trend systems. Going with the trend is usually safer (like riding with the waves in the ocean, instead of against them), though the longer the trend the weaker it gets and the probablility for retracement/reversal gets larger. Having a system that initially goes will the trend, then as time goes on starts closing pro-trend trades and starts placing gradually-increasing countertrend trades could make a killing, IMHO.

Graham

This trade didn't margin call,

In this example we have 50k$ of initial deposit.

Margin call appeard after 2 months of trading with 10k$ deposit.

close at stop

krall:
One more example with GBPUSD 1H, without stop loss.

This time deposit 50000$

2005.09.12 buy for 1.8356 and this order is still open till now. So we need gigantic acount and nerves of steel...
Thank you for trying the EA!

Please don't consider the "close at stop" trade in the strategy tester:

You bought at 2005.09.12 and the tester saying it's still open at 2006.02.15. This is abnormal result.

Conter direction and stop loss!

In EMA CROSS we are taking the conter direction of the market, and this needs a stomach and stoplessloss.

Check the attached screen shot!

Files:
ss.jpg  90 kb

Counter-Trend Systems

Counter-Trend Systems:

Basically, the goal with the counter-trend system is to buy at the lowest low and sell at the highest high. The main difference between this and the trend-following system is that the counter-trend system is not self-correcting. In other words, there is no set time to exit positions.-- investopedia.com --

Hello Codersguru,

This is my last statement with EA EMACROSS_V2 :

Files:

settings?

BrunoFX:
Hello Codersguru, This is my last statement with EA EMACROSS_V2 :

BrunoFX,

Thank you for your contributions!

Could you tell me what were the settings you used?

Hi Codersguru,

I use your default settings. MT4 Neurex and FT: D1

In backtesting I noticed as soon as a trade hits a TP or trailing stop, it makes another trade immediately after. So it can actually make profits multiple times each cross.

What if you use the EA with reversal=true, and on another instance of the same chart use the EA with reversal=false? I think that would help reduce the drawdown and maybe even make twice the profits. I can't really backtest this. Is it a good idea?

good idea!

warpio:
In backtesting I noticed as soon as a trade hits a TP or trailing stop, it makes another trade immediately after. So it can actually make profits multiple times each cross. What if you use the EA with reversal=true, and on another instance of the same chart use the EA with reversal=false? I think that would help reduce the drawdown and maybe even make twice the profits. I can't really backtest this. Is it a good idea?

warpio,

It's a good idea to see which method is working better.

But the EA prevents trading with the same pair twice. I can modify this and forward test it.