MakeGrid - page 5

Hello,

I think one of the biggest reasons that I am unable to make makegridd profitable is because:

1. (And most importantly) It continues to open up buy stops if the price starts dropping against you, and continues opening up sell stops if the price starts rising against you. If you have buy stops at 1.3001, 1.3002, 1.3003 ect. Why would you want it to continue buying when it droped down past 1.3000??

2. The stoploss does not work like it should. If the market rises 30 pips and your order spacing is 1 pip apart 1.3001, 1.3002 etc., and you have a 30 pip stoploss it should close all orders (when the beginning order at 1.3001 lost 30 pips) not when every single order on top of that grid has lost 30 pips as well!!

3. The trailing stop should work in the same fashion as #2.

If there are any coders here which can make these minor changes I think that I have a setup which will make makegrid profitable.

Hi All,

Heres an update. Not a very true update as of yet since nothing is really moving around alot as of yet but im sure things will get going and more trades will be opened.

Spider~

Files:
makegrid.htm  37 kb
makegrid.gif  5 kb

Here is almost two weeks of testing complete. Got some good movement finally going and should see more coming up this next couple weeks.

Spider~

Files:

Spider4896:
Here is almost two weeks of testing complete. Got some good movement finally going and should see more coming up this next couple weeks. Spider~

What time frame you are using?

Currently i am using H1 for both charts.

Spider~

Hi there

I am wondering can some one program this ea like this.

It must have option for choosing how much orders I want to be opened upper and below price. Next Tp function and BE.

And I want it be like it opens buy pending orders above price and sell pending orders below price with step i can also choose.

It is like Conquest expert.

stace:
Hi there

I am wondering can some one program this ea like this.

It must have option for choosing how much orders I want to be opened upper and below price. Next Tp function and BE.

And I want it be like it opens buy pending orders above price and sell pending orders below price with step i can also choose.

It is like Conquest expert.

I saw this version already somewhere on strategybuilderfx

Anyone know if there is a problem with Makegrid v197? It hasn't opened any orders in the past 6 hours.

I have v193 running fine on demo for over 6 months, no problems...

omelette:
Anyone know if there is a problem with Makegrid v197? It hasn't opened any orders in the past 6 hours. I have v193 running fine on demo for over 6 months, no problems...

Hi man

Can you please explain me how you work with this ea?

stace:
Hi man Can you please explain me how you work with this ea?

v197 doesn't open any trades for me, v193 works fine.

If you are asking about grid-trading itself, read this thread or better still, read 'Muddyguys' thread - he knows about all there is to know on the subject.