Discussion - page 30

FutureMillionaire?:
I don't understand why that should be.

They are different companies and taking the data from different sources.

Because no any trades for Fibo Group broker and Russian Alpari were today on StepMAExpert_v1.45. But you said that it was some trades in profit.

If everything is the same so the data of two brokers are totally different.

It is the same as with Alpari and IBFX: totally different.

Well, it traded again .. but lost.

Confused, I think, by the way the GBPUSD took off first thing this morning.

I'm confused too... The EURJPY took off too (in my favour fortunately) ... but those two pairs are unrelated. What caused that?

I suppose the Bank of Japan's announcement was something to do with it ... but why would that affect the cable?

Please find updated statements (StepMAExpert_v1.45) for two brokers: Fibo Group broker and Russian Alpari.

newdigital:
Please find updated statements (StepMAExpert_v1.45) for two brokers: Fibo Group broker and Russian Alpari.

This doesn't make any sense.

They may be different brokers, with different data feeds, but ultimately ... they're looking at the same thing. They should agree.

Anyway, here's my statement...

Files:
statement.htm  6 kb

Is GBP/USD bad for EAs?

Is this true?

Very true... i have lost my account whit terminator 2 whit cable.

Just a suggestion...

The Total Winners and Weekly winners thread can be somewhat misleading, as some of these top-pip-earning EAs often have devastating drawdowns and loses. If an EA summons a margin call, then it doesn't matter how many pips it can make in a month. My suggestion is that the EAs have some type of rating with them, in terms of how much risk they pose. Just a suggestion....

GBPUSD volatility is very high, there are very large price spikes all the time. Two days ago it went up almost 150 pips in about 20-30 mins or so.. Most indicator based EAs don't do very well.

Try break out strategies, and divergence based strategies on it.

Yoda_Glenn:
Is this true?

The cable is a great pair for forex trading !

The UK is a small economy in relation to the overall EURO and $, thus every reaction in the forex is multiplied with the cable = more pips .

If you trend trade the cable you can make a living from forex.

Try 123 combo's with the BBand, or daily breakouts of the former H/L....etc.