Volatility indicators for MT4 - page 2

JeanieG:
I use a package for Volatility bands that runs on TradeStation. I was looking at the hamfon site and it appears he/she no longer has the system. I primarilly use it on the e-minis futures and on the Euro. I don't know if the volatility figures are available for forex. I also do not know if the package I purchased is available for other platforms. I am new here and I would post a link to the site but I am not sure that is allowed.

I usually see people post urls as such: google dot com. You could try posting a screen shot of the indicator or something.

I am looking for an indicator that would give me a "heads up" on volatility to follow...I use the 5 minute chart. direction does not matter I just need a certain amout of volatility for the system to work with the least drawdown.

ES

Additional Features???

igorad:
Hi,

I think this thread is good place for this indicator

Forex Trading - View Single Post - Chandelier Exit!!!

And I just wrote BBands_Stop_v1 using previous indicator as pattern.

Igor

I know that this goes way back into history but could this be modified to allow partial Deviations and also have a no-lag option?

Thanks,

Dave

hitescape:
I know that this goes way back into history but could this be modified to allow partial Deviations and also have a no-lag option?

Thanks,

Dave

Done: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173255

volatility index

try the (synthetic VIX) indicator it is contrary indicator but i believe may be the single best volatility indicator . Can anyone code this to give the opposite affect or mirror it like ultra trend?

volatility partner

whats a good combination with volatility for developing sound signals for technical analysis?

momentum?

trend line?

im currently developing a simple system that is volatility based, but i need a secondary confirmation for signals. checks and balances.

cheers!

-ivan

banauts:
whats a good combination with volatility for developing sound signals for technical analysis?

momentum?

trend line?

im currently developing a simple system that is volatility based, but i need a secondary confirmation for signals. checks and balances.

cheers!

-ivan

a wick...try it..

What about the VIX CBOE indicator?

techinvest:
What volatility indicators out there are coded for MT4 that I can use other than the Bollinger bands? Please post links if you can. I'm looking for a way to better place my stops based on market volatility

VIX sets the fear of the investor.

Choppiest Pairs?

I have been doing a lot of research on volatility. What would your approach be to determing the volatility within the daily range?. For instance say the daily range on the eur/gbp is mid 80s and the daily range on gbp/jpy is high 200's, what techniquies would you use to determine, how many times within that high and low range the pair moved 10 pips, 20 pip, 30 pips in on direction and so on. I suppose some form of regression could work. I could all use a brute force analysis but that seems very time consuming. Please let me know what you think. If you can think of any indicators or statistical analysis techniques that could give me the data I am looking for. Thank so much for the reply.

Basically I am looking for your opinion on what pairs are most choppy, meaning most likely to retrace frequently during their ranges or trends, and what techniques you would use to evluate this special form of volatility. It seems that some of the cross pairs are pretty choppy. I have been looking at nzd, aud, eur, and gbp crosses, as well as majors.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Least Rangy Pairs?

What pairs retrace frequently during their trends, or in their ranges.

Not just majors, but any cross suggestions also would be great. Thanks.