MT4 BronzeWarrior and SilverWarrior EAs - page 2

treberk:
If anyone wants a version of the MT3 Bronze and Silver Warriors where the EAs will trade the lots you determine only - and not 1 Lot then 3 Lots for example, then they are attached. I prefere the method of having standard lots because for example, I was testing the MT3 EAs towards the end of last year, they made a good bit of profit with small lots, then it put in a order with a much larger lot which wiped out all the profits that took ages to make - if this was live this would have a psychological negative effect on the mind - yeah you can make more money with large lots but it is also about using a system that fits in with your risk reward profile.

to Treberk:

This results seem wonderfull, can you please specify, in which timeframe graph did you trade on? H1, H4??

And if you can trade with more currency pairs at one account (on one computer)...

many thanks,

Glader

treberk:
Hi,

can anyone help to make the MT4 DayImpulse read like the MT3 one - the readings can be out by a bit - I don't know whether this is to do with the indicator in MT3 updating slowly as it does take up alot of CPU resources?

(right click the on the pictues and select "Save Target As..." to view images correctly)

Hi, I compared the two source codes: You did an excellent job there. No differences / errors.

As to why the two Indikators differ: I sort of painstakingly compared the data and its calculation on M1 level and the data is different between MT4 and MT3. Very slightly (~+-1 pip) but different. This kind of indicator is (unlike an MA) very sensitive to small differences. Even at the same broker, the two datacenters for MT4 and MT3 will differ. This has different backgrounds and has been observed before.

As to how significat the difference is: The curve of the indicator remains the same, though a bit stretched / distorted. The might be an issue to adapt the parameters a bit, but I am not really worried. I was testing the *warriors last week (under MT4) and they picked some very nice trades and seem to be profitable. I need more testing before I trust my real money to them, but I am not too sceptic.

Thank you to share them with the community!!!

kasmodiah:

This kind of indicator is (unlike an MA) very sensitive to small differences. Even at the same broker, the two datacenters for MT4 and MT3 will differ. This has different backgrounds and has been observed before.

Hi,

yes, I iniatially thought that this was the case, as when I first compared the inidicators on MT3 and MT4 they were out by about 1 integer - but on Friday with USDJPY it was often out by about 10 integers - maybe this is just something that can not be sorted.

Also, thanks very much for taking your time to look into this.

***You very wisely say that you should test on MT4 before using live******

glader:
to Treberk:

in which timeframe graph did you trade on? H1, H4??

And if you can trade with more currency pairs at one account (on one computer)...

many thanks,

Glader

Timeframe is 15mins and you can put the same EA on multiple pairs - you need to attach the DayImpulse MT3 indicator (posted on previous page) to each chart.

If you wanr use 2 different EAs on the same pair - you need to have them on different MT3 installations.

To have more than 1 MT3 program running then you need to install the MT3 .exe into a different folder at the setup stage. For example, C:\Program Files\Interbankfx BronzeWarrior (see here if you need more details http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/sfxmanual/1/)

One thing to note is that you need to monitor the MT3 platform that you are trading this on because the DayImpulse indicator uses up much resources and causes the MT3 platform to crash - if you think that this has happened - i.e. you can not get the MT3 platform to show up or the marketwatch window to refresh and be up-to-date, then I would advise you to wait for a few mins first, if nothing happens then you need to restart it.

(for example, I have to close all my MT3 programs on my computer just because of this via the TaskManager when the MT3 bronze and silverwarriors wont even close - yes it can be a pain!)

duplicate, duplicate...

Bug?

Since yesterday I'm testing out Silverwarrior. I noticed something odd when it sold and bought USDCHF at about 2 min. difference. Is this cos of a bug?

The trades are indicated in red on the statement.

Files:
silver.htm  42 kb

Wow, this thread makes me kinda want to ditch mt4.

Those statements are amazing and very different from most mt4 statements I see...

delsule:
Since yesterday I'm testing out Silverwarrior. I noticed something odd when it sold and bought USDCHF at about 2 min. difference. Is this cos of a bug? The trades are indicated in red on the statement.

Also noticed today when it hits stop loss (I set it to 50 instead of 1000) it just reopens order in same direction, thus continuing the losses.

Please could someone with experience look at it cos I believe this expert is very ok otherwise.

Thanks.

Files:

NO one willing to continue improve MT4 Bronze Warrior EA??

I found it is profitable....I get this info from other website and it show all the statement. Overall Bronze Mt3 EA make Profit.

anyone willing to continue to improve this EA in MT4?

money_money:
NO one willing to continue improve MT4 Bronze Warrior EA??

I found it is profitable....I get this info from other website and it show all the statement. Overall Bronze Mt3 EA make Profit.

anyone willing to continue to improve this EA in MT4?

Could you post some statements? Some programmers could it find worth investing time??