Envelope 2.11 - page 52

From this post #11?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

I am using Envelope 2.13.1 version with good results for EURUSD M15 timeframe:

EA is attached (default settings).

I am using it with Alpari broker.

EA is not trading often but it is +3399 pips (4 digit pips) for 1 year trading (not backtesting), or 3,399 dollars by lot size = 0.1.

Stratement is attached.

May be - you are using ECN or stp broker so in this case - it may be the error #147 (something about expiration of pending orders). It works for non-ECN/non-stp brokers but it should be fixed for ECN/stp. We should ask MrTools - may be he can fix. or it may be some nature of ECN/stp brokers? bnecause this EA is placing hedge pending orders ...

By the way - it works for Alpari but it should be fixed for FXCM (ecn/stp) brokers.

Thanks for the answer, i hope MrTools is ok to fix the ECN problem.

Best regards

Rosalie

rosalieone:

Best regards

Rosalie

Just for information will see if i can fix it!

rosalieone:

Best regards

Rosalie

Hi Rosalie,

Am confident its fixed for ecn brokers now also did a lot of cleaning and rearranging of the code which in my opinion it really needed.Did a lot of research on pending orders and ecn brokers, found quite a few that will allow you to place your pending orders with stop loss and takeprofit in fact couldn't find any that didn't allow this, so have an external parameter, EcnBroker = false; probably best to leave it like this, unless there is a problem with it opening trades, what i learned from Mladen was the expiration might have been the problem, some ecn type brokers, will let you place an expiration on your placed orders and some don't,some after 1 minute you can place your expiration, some up to 10 minutes, long story a little shorter this was fixed by Mladen.

Just a brief idea how this Ea works for those who don't know, it is basically a envelope breakout Ea it will place buystops, 3 of them inside the Envelope after price closes outside the Envelope and also at the same time place sell stops 3 of them inside the Envelope after price closes outside the lower envelope, the distance is an external parameter called MinDistance = 10, its distance from lower and upper envelope, by default its set to 10 pips, this should be where the Ea will place its pending orders, for sell its lower envelope + min distance and buy stops its upper envelope - min distance . Didn't change the strategy from the original, yet

ps) did a 4 month back test on m15 EurUsd, results attached

Updated statement of Envelope 2.13.1 version EA, M15 timeframe, EURUSD:

Mrtools

mrtools:
Hi Rosalie,

Am confident its fixed for ecn brokers now also did a lot of cleaning and rearranging of the code which in my opinion it really needed.Did a lot of research on pending orders and ecn brokers, found quite a few that will allow you to place your pending orders with stop loss and takeprofit in fact couldn't find any that didn't allow this, so have an external parameter, EcnBroker = false; probably best to leave it like this, unless there is a problem with it opening trades, what i learned from Mladen was the expiration might have been the problem, some ecn type brokers, will let you place an expiration on your placed orders and some don't,some after 1 minute you can place your expiration, some up to 10 minutes, long story a little shorter this was fixed by Mladen.

Just a brief idea how this Ea works for those who don't know, it is basically a envelope breakout Ea it will place buystops, 3 of them inside the Envelope after price closes outside the Envelope and also at the same time place sell stops 3 of them inside the Envelope after price closes outside the lower envelope, the distance is an external parameter called MinDistance = 10, its distance from lower and upper envelope, by default its set to 10 pips, this should be where the Ea will place its pending orders, for sell its lower envelope + min distance and buy stops its upper envelope - min distance . Didn't change the strategy from the original, yet

ps) did a 4 month back test on m15 EurUsd, results attached

Your the one , thanks a lot, i will spent these next days using it and i will show my results.

Thanks again and have a nice week-end

Rosalie

rosalieone:
Your the one , thanks a lot, i will spent these next days using it and i will show my results.

Thanks again and have a nice week-end

Rosalie

Just one question before i start. Do you use other settings than the basic one (predefined) ?

Best regards

Rosalie

Hi rosalieone,

If this question is to me so I am using default settings for this version (post #512):

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173366/page35

rosalieone:
Just one question before i start. Do you use other settings than the basic one (predefined) ?

Best regards

Rosalie

I would definitely go with Newdigital's settings he has been diligently testing this Ea for a long time, the preferred settings were put in awhile back in case a person may find different settings than the default ones fordifferent pairs..

mrtools:
I would definitely go with Newdigital's settings he has been diligently testing this Ea for a long time, the preferred settings were put in awhile back in case a person may find different settings than the default ones fordifferent pairs..

Thanks to both of you !