Sti - page 8

Hello,

And especially which version? because there still that has just lost (even if I know that it is the market of the day which wants that) but I believe it in the long term really advantageous

I use defult setting. If you want to change something then variate with TP and SL. It's better to use close signal, this will avoid to get SL all the time.

BrunoFX:
Hello, And especially which version? because there still that has just lost (even if I know that it is the market of the day which wants that) but I believe it in the long term really advantageous

I still use STI_v2. There was a problem with STI_v3, it missed trades so I returned to _v2.

Finaly I got SL50, but I'm still up 30+ points this week. That's the reason why you should keep it runningall the time.

Hello Manager,

Thank you for these answers, I start again with Version 2 on Neurex as of now.

Nicholishen:
Here is the version 3 with some simple changes. Should be able to trade multiple currencies and multiple timeframes on the same currency.

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol()&& OrderComment()==comm2)

Nic

Hello Nic and Manager: Do you guys think possible to creat this same STI expert for M3?

I think there are more broker options in M3 for now.

GS

Manager,

This is a great EA. I noticed you were right about the other currency pairs burning money. I think sticking to the EURUSD and perhaps the GBPUSD would be best.

I ran it overnight and if it wasn't for the other currency pairs, I would be in the black.

I think a stop loss at 25 and a take profit at 50 might be right because it seems to close trades down on it's own anyhow.

Anyway, here is my statement from overnight. I may have missed some trades as my comuter reboot due to that darn Microsoft Automatic Update (I have since disabled that).

Well, for some reason, I can't upload the statement because it says page not found.

Here is my statement for the past 24 hours.

As you can see, most of the currency types burned money except for EURUSD and GBPUSD.

I think these might work best on those pairs.

Peace

Files:

This past week I have tested many setting of this EA and I have come to some interesting conclusions.

The following are some good settings that seem to work well with this EA that is very profitable.

I tested one with the following settings:

Take Profit: 30

Stop Loss: 30

No Trailing Stop

Also I started at the same time another with these settings:

Take Profit: 30

Stop Loss: 50

No Trailing stop

They were neck and neck for most of the week (the first one had more trades but more losses the other having less trades and less losses).

It all came down to Friday and the first one won out in the end. I will post a screen shot of the results tomorrow as I am very tired now.

The following currency pairs worked best in this EA according to my settings:

EURUSD (M15)

AUDUSD (H1)

USDCAD (H1)

I had tried Trailing stops but noticed that they would normally harm profits more then help. Besides, with only a 30 pip stop loss, who needs them?

I also tried a 30 pip Take profit and a 20 pip stop loss and it failed. So it looks like we are between 20 and 50 that is optimal stop loss for this EA.

I am looking forward to more results coming in from everyone else in this forum.

I am currently trying other currency pairs that may be less mainstream. The currency pairs I tried out already are:

GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURUSD, USDCAD, EURJPY, GBPJPY, AUDUSD, EURAUD, EURCHF, EURAUD, EURCHF, EURGBP and GBPCHF.

That is every currency pair that MIG trades with their demo so I also opened up a demo account with Interbank FX and I am trying the following currency pairs:

NZDUSD, EURCAD, AUDJPY, AUDCAD, AUDNZD and NZDJPY

I changed settings on these because they tend to move more pips (because of the lower volume) so the following are my settings:

Take Profit: 40

Stop Loss: 30

I personally like to cut my losses early and let my winners run free, but I really can't do that too much on this EA. However, I can at least put small stops so that if the currency moves against me, it will sell and change positions.

I enclosed a couple statements. The first was really bad because I had the EURUSD on the 1 hour chart (just to see if it would give me better results than the 15 minute chart). However, it did not and I incurred heavy losses on this demo account. Better than using real money, right?

The second statement was to the Interbank FX server with the 40/30 combo I discussed earlier.

I also categoried the statements according to currency type to analize and figure out which currencies are doing better.

Peace

Here's my screenshot from just over a day of testing on an interbankfx platform. I'm using SL50/TP6 on the EUR/USD15m. Working out pretty well so far. The 50sl/6tp ratio isn't the most ideal according to most standards but if I'm not mistaken the ea doesn't trade more than one position at a time. For those of you that are widening the TP, is there a possibility that you're passing a lot of profitable trades?? I understand the idea of having a healthy win/loss ratio, but in the case of this ea it trades fairly often if there isn't a trade open. I think the tight tp opens the ea up to establish new profitable trades. Also, I've got the close order option operating so it won't necessarily hit the 50sl every loss.

Question: I'm not experienced at programming so can anyone enlighten me to the method this ea uses to calculate bars to enter positions??

Files:
auto_trader.gif  69 kb