Fibonacci_Ema - page 10

newdigital:
No, "current - 1" is fully wrong. It is the future bar.

Sorry.

As to Delta so look at the code:

if (Buy1_1 < Buy1_3+(Delta*Point) && Buy2_1 >= Buy2_3+(Delta*Point)) Order = SIGNAL_BUY; if (Sell1_1 > Sell1_3-(Delta*Point) && Sell2_1 <= Sell2_3-(Delta*Point)) Order = SIGNAL_SELL;

Look at the image attached illustrating this Delta:

only MainEMA is having Delta.

ND,

In your chart, what constitutes non-trading zone?

newdigital:
I corrected the code for EmaFibo_v2 EA. Now we have 2 Delta(s).

As I am not really sure that we need at least one of it so I set the value of Delta1 and Delta2 to 0.

Anyway everybody please feel free to change anything inside the code. because I may do some mistake sometimes.

I presume we are still using the same presets as before, am I correct? According to your chart, the EMAs are different from the presets, which one should I be using?

et_phonehome_2:
I presume we are still using the same presets as before, am I correct? According to your chart, the EMAs are different from the presets, which one should I be using?

I posted the chart with 8, 21 and 55 for more better visuality (visualization ... sorry). For this perpose only. Just to explain.

accrete:
Hi all, Thank you for the clarification ND, much appreciated. I went ahead and inserted the multiple Delta code into the "Time Filter" version with default settings and then the same EA but defaults set to the MA settings that i'm using on a five minute chart if anyone is interested in seeing what i've mentioned as "Four Demensional Charts" taking multiple time frames into account. Both EAs are found at this link. The one with my settings has the "atm" as part of the file name.

Cheers,

Thom

=====this next bit is a post script... And a question on the secondary entry signal

On the GbpUsd trade for today v2tf (tf currently false) the EA closed out in profit after a retracement and the trailing stop closed the sell. This was nice (about 70 pips), but then shortly after that i noticed a sell arrow that did not make sense to me. The signal MA was well below the "close" ma, which was also well below the "main" MA. I thought the only time the EA would enter a new secondary entry position was after the signal went (in this case of a sell market) above the "close" MA, then went below the "close" MA continuing in the trend?

If you are asking aout second entry condition so if I remember the code it is the following:

- It is if SignalEMA is above (MainEMA + Delta1).

Simple buy condition generally.

AND

- If SignalEMA is above or equal (CloseEMA +Delta2).

Condition for re-entry.

If we don't need thisd Delta so simple set Delta1 and Delta2 to zero (0) in the settings of EA (version 2).

So the second condition is both of them (SignalEMA is above MainEMA and SignalEMA is equal or above CloseMA).

Second condition is not crossing.

newdigital:
If you are asking aout second entry condition so if I remember the code it is the following:

- It is if SignalEMA is above (MainEMA + Delta1).

Simple buy condition generally.

AND

- If SignalEMA is above or equal (CloseEMA +Delta2).

Condition for re-entry.

If we don't need thisd Delta so simple set Delta1 and Delta2 to zero (0) in the settings of EA (version 2).

So the second condition is both of them (SignalEMA is above MainEMA and SignalEMA is equal or above CloseMA).

Second condition is not crossing.

I may code the second condition to be optional as "false" or "true" for example. If it is necessary.

For example (the settings of EA - version #2:

- Re-Entry=false;

(the first condition is working only).

- Re-Entry=True;

(both second and first condition are working all together).

It may be 3rd and 4th condition as optional as well (we do not have 3rd and 4th but just in case if we will develop it). For example if we decide to add some filter (indicator) or any.

Greetings PipSters.

I was kind of bummed when after closing that nice GbpUsd sell, the EA, within one candle of the close opened another sell order. I closed the order imedeately as i didn't want this one around as even though the signal MA was in fact below the "Close" MA the signal had not met my requirement of going on the other side of the Close and then turned back over it once again in the direction of the trade. I figure if the trailing stop loss got me out in profit, there was a reason for that exit. Why would i wish to re-enter unless there was more criteria met. I'm not stating that my "criteria" is without fault, but visualy there seems to be some merit in the thought.

This is a very nice EA. I'm going to continue doodling.

: ) Thom

Can you explain how DELTA is used? I am not familiar with it.... I guess it means that the SignalEMA must cross both the MainEMA and the Delta line or is that accounted for on the cross when Delta is specified? I guess it prevents being on the wrong side of the trade, that is, being whipsawed.

Re Delta indicator

Hi New Digital

Could I just check the following with you:

1) which Delta indicator are you using? I tried the one from the AscTrend system, but it has the title of SmWPR at the top of the code It seems to look different from the one in your charts Also one which charts a histogram

2) Are you using the default settings for both EAs ?

3) What would be the difference between the 2 EAs in newbie language, please?

Thanx so much for all your wonderful contributions

et_phonehome_2:
Can you explain how DELTA is used? I am not familiar with it.... I guess it means that the SignalEMA must cross both the MainEMA and the Delta line or is that accounted for on the cross when Delta is specified? I guess it prevents being on the wrong side of the trade, that is, being whipsawed.

Well.

I will answer on all the question even if you all did not ask.

Q: What is Delta?

A: It is MA channel. Attach any MA (EMA or any) indicator on the chart. And set "Levels" to +7 and -7 (or what ever). So you will see the MA channel with Delta=7.

Q: What the entry conditions was programmed in this EA concerning Delta?

A: When SignalEMA is crossing ther upper border of the channel (MainEMA+Delta) - buy. If SignalEMA is crossing lower border of the channel (MainEMA-Delta) sell.

Q: Why we need this Delta?

A: No idea. I wanted to have some filter. Anyway we may set Delta to zero (0) and EA will work without this Delta. Probable we don't need any Delta. It was easy to code so I coded it.

Q: There are 2 versions of EA. What is the difference? Which EA to use?

A: The first version is more corresponding with the main theory. It is ready to test. The version #2 is still under development.

Q: Why we have different settings for version #1 compare with the theory? It should be 8, 21 and 55 EMA but it is not in pe-set files ...

A: I optimized the settings and backtested it back to 2001 with 90% modelling quality to find the profitable settings. Profitable in long way run. The settings (pre-set files) and EA you may find in this thread somewhere - look at my previous posts. So it may be profitable if we are using this version #1 during the 1 or more year.

Q: Why we have version #2?

A: many people said that version #1 is not trading often (it is true). And many people do not want to wait 1 year for example to have good profit (future possible profit!). Besides as we see from backtesting results of version #1 so it is profitable for some years only. It is not profitable every year. So it is necessary to use this version during the 2 or 3 years. Big distance from now . That is why the other members suggested to develop the second version.

Q: What was changed in EA to be a version #2?

A: It was some suggestion about re-entry. For example, we have uptend concerning MainEMA. EA took the order (buy). But suddenly the order was closed by SignalEMA-CloseEMA crossing. But the main trend may be continuing without us! So it was a suggestion to enter once again. I asked Igorad to help me with version #2 but seems it was many bugs in coding and I corrected it in version #2.1. But this version 2 (or 2.1) still need to develop more. The version #2 is still under develpment.

Q: Which version is more risky to use?

A: Version 2 of course. This version is still under development but it is much more risky than version #1. Why? Look at the accrete's post above. It was the explanation: EA may take some good pips according to the first entry condition and close the order. But downtrend is continuing and the EA may open new sell according the second condition. To get more pips. But as i said the downtrend was continuing but it was started long time ago and it may be reversal soon. So if we have good continuing trend so the second condition is helping us a lot. But if not? If trend just started in the morning and finishing in the evening and we re-entered (the other sell) in the end of the trend (reversal)? Yes it will be losses.

Q: What is the main problem with this kind of EAs?

A: This EA is EMA-crossing kind of EA. There are two programming approach concerning EAs based on EMA crossing:

- "Russian" approach: no one EMA crossing EA will be profitable for the long way run because market is changing and it is necessary to change the settings of the EAs together with the market. It is very risky EAs. MA indicator is the most bad/unreliable indicator. This approach came from some old american books/magazines.

- "American" approach: EAs based on EMA crossing are very profitable. MA indicator is the most good/reliable indicator. We need just optimize the settings of EAs once per week/month for the next month. This approach came from some old american books/magazines as well.

- new approach: EAs based on MA crossing should adjust the settings by themselves without any manual inervention/backtesting. It should be fully automatically (self-adjusted EMA crossing EAs). We don't need to optimize the settings of this EA every wek/month to find the settings for the next week/month. EA should do it automaticall and it is possible to code. Codersguru started some thread about it (don't remember the name of this thread now).

Q: so what to do now with the second version?

A: develop it more. Need some ideas.

newdigital:
Well. I will answer on all the question even if you all did not ask.

Excellent information and explanation, newdigital. Thanks, again.

solaris