ASCTrend system - page 48

AlanD:
ND,

That would be great if you could look at it. In the meantime, do you know which version appears to be working fine otherwise?

Thanks,

Alan

I don't know yet.

You can download ASCTrend in ELA format (tradestation) from;

http://www.tradesys.co.uk/downloads.htm

Cheers

Loading templates and indicators

I've read through this thread and like the ASC Trend trading method. I've downloaded the 1, 15, and 30 minute indicators and templates to desktop and installed them in the folders. But cannot get them to load on charts and see what I see on the charts in the thread. I've tried on FXDD and IBFX. I can see the icons in indicator folder and template folder (three books with belt around them) but cannot get them to load on charts.

Is there a place with how to instructions or can someone post step by step how to get them set up and working. After they are in the zip folder do they have to be individually installed? When I look in the Charts>templates>load I only see the default ones that came with MT.

I apologize for being so green with how MT operates. Thanks for help Paul.

TallP:
I've read through this thread and like the ASC Trend trading method. I've downloaded the 1, 15, and 30 minute indicators and templates to desktop and installed them in the folders. But cannot get them to load on charts and see what I see on the charts in the thread. I've tried on FXDD and IBFX. I can see the icons in indicator folder and template folder (three books with belt around them) but cannot get them to load on charts.

Is there a place with how to instructions or can someone post step by step how to get them set up and working. After they are in the zip folder do they have to be individually installed? When I look in the Charts>templates>load I only see the default ones that came with MT.

I apologize for being so green with how MT operates. Thanks for help Paul.

Unzip everything. Place indicators in /indicators folder and template file in /templates folder. Compile indicators. That's all. And please do not try to open many charts with all the templates.

ND,

Is compiling a necessary part of the process if the indicators and EA's seem to work without issues. I've seen these very good performances on Phoenix and ASCTrend being posted by others and I'm yet to get even close to the same results. I've made sure that my settings are the same as others but the results definitely have not been the same.

Alan

asctrend M30 new

I am trying to test the new asctrend system.

M30 timeframe.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF and AUDUSD. The other pairs did not show good results.

Statement, indicators, template and some image are attached.

asctrend M30 new

First few orders I managed by myself but after that I used e-Trailing EA.

I attach this EA to the any chart (in one chart only!) in Metatrader and it will manage all the trades. I used the following settings:

ProfitTrailing = True;

TrailingStop = 10;

TrailingStep = 2;

UseSound = False;

NameFileSound = "expert.wav".

This setting means the following:

if order will have +10 pips in profit so the stop loss will be moved to 0 (to initial place) and will be moved every 2 pips.

I used indicator namely No3. Place RSIFilter_v1 and No3 in /indicator folder and use No3 only.

No3 is the same with RSIFilter_v1 but painting the bars.

Files:

I did not use some indicators. But we may use them instead of No3.

No1 indicator. This indicator is painting the bars according to AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator (remember some explanation about trading zones and non-trading zones based on AbsoluteStrength_v1?).

So you should have AbsoluteStrength_v1 indicator in /indicators folder.

No2 indicator (No1, No2 and so on is just names of the indicator. Does not mean anything - just a names). It is the same with No1 indicator plus RSIFilter_v1. And too filtered because of that.

I am using No3 indicator in asctrend_m30_new system and you may find it in the pevious post. It is based on RSIFilter_v1 indicator only.

Files:
no1.mq4  4 kb
no1.gif  19 kb
no2.mq4  5 kb
no2.gif  19 kb
no3.gif  18 kb