Moving Average - page 53

Ind-GG01 mod, GGekko

description: GG01 and GG01-101 indicator - MQL4 Code Base

Files:
gg.gif  12 kb
ind-gg01m.mq4  5 kb

Looking for a percentile based Moving Average Channel

Does anyone know of, or have the ability to code, an MT4 indicator to create a moving average channel like that described by Gerald Appel (yes, the originator of MACD) - here's an article about how he uses it:

Current Issue

All the channels I've been able to find are based on using one MA for the top channel and another for the bottom channel (such as on the high and the low, or different lengths for the MA).

His system is based on having the MA as the center line of the channel, and the upper and lower bounds are a percentage greater and lower than that, like 8% more and less for instance. This results in a channel of steady width that moves with price. He sets that percentage to encompass about 95% of price action (a visual and subjective setting).

As with other channels, signals are then generated by how price interacts with the upper and lower bounds - but it tells you more than just buy and sell - it also tells you when a trend is losing steam and getting ready to reverse.

If anyone could help me by creating this, I'd be very appreciative! Thanks in advance!

MindyR:
Does anyone know of, or have the ability to code, an MT4 indicator to create a moving average channel like that described by Gerald Appel (yes, the originator of MACD) - here's an article about how he uses it:

Current Issue

All the channels I've been able to find are based on using one MA for the top channel and another for the bottom channel (such as on the high and the low, or different lengths for the MA).

His system is based on having the MA as the center line of the channel, and the upper and lower bounds are a percentage greater and lower than that, like 8% more and less for instance. This results in a channel of steady width that moves with price. He sets that percentage to encompass about 95% of price action (a visual and subjective setting).

As with other channels, signals are then generated by how price interacts with the upper and lower bounds - but it tells you more than just buy and sell - it also tells you when a trend is losing steam and getting ready to reverse.

If anyone could help me by creating this, I'd be very appreciative! Thanks in advance!

I've read Appel's book several times.

Just drop indicator envelopes that comes by default with MT4

Hola, MindyR

Files:
ma_kanal.tpl  5 kb
ma_kanal.mq4  13 kb

thanks for the kanal

Thank you for this great indicator! and the template too. It's beautiful!!!

A question.... why did you pick 55 as the base moving average for your template?

Just curious...

Thanks again!

Mindy

Price distance from MA

Dear friends,

I'm new to Metatrader and I find this thread very helpful. I am looking for a indicator that measures the distance (pips or %) between the current price and a MA.

Hiachiever's code is near from that but it's not really an indicator.

Thanks a lot.

I ask your help to code a simple indicator...

Hi guys I am sorry but I need your help to code this simple indicator:

I am talking about an indicator based on the difference between two CMA (Centered Movig Average) more precisely the difference between a Fast CMA less a Slow CMA (obviously with the possibility to set MA periods), shown in a separate window as an oscillator_

this is the first indicator we call CTLM...

The second indicator, which derives directly from the first indicator, with the following characteristics:

CTLM-(CTLM -1) the difference between the value of CTLM less the value of CTLM's previous bar... Clearly on separate window as an oscillator and we call this second indicator CTLMSpeedOscillator_

Now it must be said that this type of MA (centered MA) is rarely used because it has a structural defect, probably few traders know and use this type MA, then I attack this indicator by which we can start to develop CTLM and CTLMSpeedOscillator oscillators_

The following indicator should be a good formula to start, of course if someone knows a better formula of CMA this would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your willingness, my best regards.

Moving Average + Ray

Hello,

I found ago many days a indicator, which is calling "Moving-Averages+Ray-1".

(See in attachment)

But, when I will drop this indicator many times in one chart, then I can see only the Ray of the last dropped indicator! Know one here, how I can make a MultiNumber or so what, for function, that I can see all Rays?

See also the attached picture.

VERY THANKS!

Try this out

The Rock:
Hello,

I found ago many days a indicator, which is calling "Moving-Averages+Ray-1".

(See in attachment)

But, when I will drop this indicator many times in one chart, then I can see only the Ray of the last dropped indicator! Know one here, how I can make a MultiNumber or so what, for function, that I can see all Rays?

See also the attached picture.

VERY THANKS!
Files: