Moving Average - page 15

Thanks MTI, great.

You cant multiply by 12 as, then number of bars per time are different.

icm63:
Thanks MTI, great. You cant multiply by 12 as, then number of bars per time are different.

Wow, shows what I know - I had always presumed that they were identical! But I still had to make one up to prove it to myself...

One more thing I don't have to learn...

Files:
mtf_ma.mq4  2 kb

MA Angle in chart corner

I have been looking for an angle indicator for MA.

What I am looking for is not the EMA Angle0, nor the MA Angle indicators that are posted in the forum.

In this thread post# 106 by European and post# 118 by Mano, I beleive they are speaking of the indicator that I also am trying to find. Mano's post shows how the info would be displayed.

I also found a similar example on another forum & here the affect of scale in calculating the angle is illustrated.

At this metaquotes forum there is a discussion of formulas that may be useful in building such an indicator.

If someone could help with this - I'm sure at least 3 of us would greatly appreciate it!

cheers! aildede

Is there any indicator to show the distance between two MAs ?

alidede:
I have been looking for an angle indicator for MA.

What I am looking for is not the EMA Angle0, nor the MA Angle indicators that are posted in the forum.

In this thread post# 106 by European and post# 118 by Mano, I beleive they are speaking of the indicator that I also am trying to find. Mano's post shows how the info would be displayed.

I also found a similar example on another forum & here the affect of scale in calculating the angle is illustrated.

At this metaquotes forum there is a discussion of formulas that may be useful in building such an indicator.

If someone could help with this - I'm sure at least 3 of us would greatly appreciate it!

cheers! aildede

Yes!, that would be very nice, since the pic in my other post is the FxSniper Sidewinder indi, this is the one that show the angles..., but only for 34ema & 25lsma (according to wcci method) BUT when i opened my chart lest night the indi says 'outdated version please contact fxsniper@gmail.com' so i tried to send him an Email and the user dos not exist, so my 2nd try was to send him a privet massage, so in his profile he have an MSN address, BUT the user dos not exist, again, so i gauss he is not around here or there (msn) anymore.....

it would be very helpful to have such indi, so if any programmer have some free time to do so, It would be great.

though its not so hard to tell what the angle of the ma from looking on it, but internal calculation would make it much more accurate.

Many thanks for the saver

-m-

Beno what do you use to determine the angle of the MAs?

it seems to me the angle could easily be influenced by the size of your chart and also the number of candles on the chart. So something must be standardized in order for this type system to work right?

Let us know what indicator you use for angle and the size of the chart and number of candles on it.

thanks

I am not using an indicator at the moment other than the ma's on the screen but, I have been printing off the charts complete with back ground grid and using a protractor to see roughly what the degrees where before I enterd a position (Very Old School)

If some one could code something to help out because I'm running low on paper LOL. that would be great.

My theory was that I would have a systen that would pick up the primary intermediate and short term trends all with different period ma's

This problem was already discussed.

The fact is that angles have some meaning only between lines; Angles between curves like MAs are meaningless.

So we have first to compute some linear regression, and this needs the choice of several parameters; Which ones are the good ones ? How do will choose them ?

Then, if the screen display changes (zoom, number of bars, ...), the angle, as it appairs to our eyes, will change too, but the trading reality not. So we should convert the angle in trading invariant unities, for example in pips per minutes. That's why it's easier to work directly with slopes.

Have a look at these

There was once an indicator from fx sniper which showed the angle of the moving average in degrees but I was too slow to download it and I have never been able to find it again.

Have you seen these two?

Files:
maangle.mq4  6 kb
ema_angle.mq4  6 kb