CatFx50 - page 421

moneyline:
Well, yes, but there's a lot of guessing. Notice the yo-yo action on news days? If there was a way to know the published reports it would help all to take the right side of the market.

Big institutional traders pay for expensive news services that will deliver the published reports in the blink of an eye. As far as I know those services are off limits to the average small trader.

Why do you think the big traders pay for those services? Because it helps them make over and above the cost of such.

moneyline

with northfinance i receive news in realtime and very fast

Market Conditions

dellan:
yeah

catfx50 didnt work good today

but in most of days it works

Yes it does -- but because of days like we have seen lately it also needs some human judgement based on market conditions --

Now we can see why chasing EAs is no good -- no matter how good the system. A robot cant think like a human

News site

reemul99:
Does anyone know of a good Forex News site ?

For example, right now, Greenspan is giving a speech (21:30 gmt) and I cant find a single site that is covering the speech.

for that matter, Bernake was speaking today (along with a few other chairmen of the Federal Board) and I couldn't find anything on their speeches either...

This is a great news site, Fed speaches where yesterday Thursday and all of the are listed on this news site, at least the event, not the content of the speach. They also let you choose your timezone.

www.forexfactory.com

Trade the news

moneyline:
Well, yes, but there's a lot of guessing. Notice the yo-yo action on news days? If there was a way to know the published reports it would help all to take the right side of the market.

Big institutional traders pay for expensive news services that will deliver the published reports in the blink of an eye. As far as I know those services are off limits to the average small trader.

Why do you think the big traders pay for those services? Because it helps them make over and above the cost of such.

moneyline

Sounds like you try to trade the news, most often the 50 EMA cross is a result of these news turns, I use www.tradethenews.com the news sometimes are 30-45 sec faster than Market News International from my broker. I think you are right that I helps to pay attention to news. But warning here news release are very complex (NFP) and most of them you better stay away, CATFX50 best part is that it often picks trend reversals on higher time frames (30min) with good strenght (indicator) so that they move a good amount of pips. Now when you see CATFX50 crosses 50EMA with all indicators go at 8:30AM EST and the news event is NFP or CPI or PPI etc. etc. you have a riskier entry, specially when news are unexpected higher or lower than expected, if you get stopped out, thats not CATFX fault, price can be volatile at these times, even with the right direction on CATFX and the news a good swing can take out your S/L of 20 or 34 pips like nothing and than move the way you picked.

CATFX gives good entries, it's up to every trader personal trading style how much risk you like to take, Nina always post before NFP monster to be at least carefull, and another member post news events every day.

Good luck

Usd/chf

If USD/CHF price ends above the EMA and the next bar opens also above will this be a 1 level signal or not?

Hi,

If price crosses EMA 50, the next opening bar is your signal to go. However, I would be very careful in this market and wait a bit. USD/CHF crossed about an hour ago and there hasn't been much movement.

Also, many of the majors are kissing EMA 50, 100, 200 and the Pivot line, meaning: there's a bunch of hurdles to cross and strength is needed.

moneyline

8:45 CET GBP/USD crossed EMA 50 and I;m not going in, it's a real bad market and not much action.

USD/CHF crossed a little earlier and the same: very little movement.

moneyline

Eur/Usd

Eur/Usd is not going in the same direction as GBP/USD

hi,

i did not get long sygnal for usdchf but i did get short eurusd and short gbpusd

10 minutes ago.

is it because EMA 120 was to close to price ?

anyone know the reason why catfx did not show sygnal usdchf ?

I I got a signal for chf to buy @ 1.2110, same with gbp @ 1.8875 and euro @ 1.2815, all level 1, the less risky was euro so i took it, but as gbp was moving fast I took it too @ 8870 (a bit late, but traded smaller than euro), didn t take chf as started to move earlier and was not in sync with euro, now in hindsight it would have been a good trade too.

Regards.