CatFx50 - page 414

EmA

Having issues with setting up an EMA.

What are the steps to add those lines to the chart?

I am using FXDD. Metatrader3

Dear Forum Members:

On the subject of asking for some of the more experienced traders - such as Nina - to post their trades live, I think it should be at the pleasure of the member.

Even under the best of circumstances trading can be very frustrating. I was calling out some of the action late last night and trading a demo account, it was hard to do..it's a good thing it was only play money!

Some may be able to handle 4 or 5 things all at one time, I can't! As such, I think we should leave the option to post live in the hands of the individual.

moneyline

todays RECAP...

EURUSD

>9:00 cet: Level 4 long @1.2881, made a current high @1.2917 (>11:00 cet) => +36 pips**

// this level 4 long was occuring after a level 1 long yesterday evening out of the regular trading time

15:30 cet: Level 1 short 1.2848, made a low @1.2699 (>20:00 cet) => +149 pips**

USDCHF

>9:00 cet: Level 4 short @1.2038, made a current low @1.2004 (>11:00cet) => +34 pips**

// this level 4 short was occuring after a level 1 short yesterday evening out of the regular trading time15:30 cet: Level 1 long @1.2069, made a high @1.2187 (>20:30 cet) => +118 pips**GBPUSD

>9:00 cet: Level 4 long @1.8928, made a current low @1.9023 (>14:30 cet) => +95 pips **

// this level 4 long was occuring after a level 2 long yesterday evening out of the regular trading time

>16:00 cet: Level 1 short @1.8808, made a current low @1.8774 (>20:30 cet) => +34 pips **

// That was indeed a very risky signal, because it came very late. We had a movement of over 170 pips proceeding this signal - dangerous! - but in this case with a lucky end

** maximum favourable excursion ex spread not eaqual to realized pips for each signal

This day should outweigh all for yesterday...

mibl

moneyline:
Dear Forum Members:

On the subject of asking for some of the more experienced traders - such as Nina - to post their trades live, I think it should be at the pleasure of the member.

Even under the best of circumstances trading can be very frustrating. I was calling out some of the action late last night and trading a demo account, it was hard to do..it's a good thing it was only play money!

Some may be able to handle 4 or 5 things all at one time, I can't! As such, I think we should leave the option to post live in the hands of the individual.

moneyline

yeah

this should happen

bacuse that i said a possibility to she do this

but of course she is no obligated, its an individual way to trade,and the planning and the action of a trade needs to be very fast, if she come to put some living trade here, she can lost pips

anyway let wait she answer,

thanks

bad ideia

individual way to trade

mibl:
EURUSD

>9:00 cet: Level 4 long @1.2881, made a current high @1.2917 (>11:00 cet) => +36 pips**

// this level 4 long was occuring after a level 1 long yesterday evening out of the regular trading time

15:30 cet: Level 1 short 1.2848, made a low @1.2699 (>20:00 cet) => +149 pips**

USDCHF

>9:00 cet: Level 4 short @1.2038, made a current low @1.2004 (>11:00cet) => +34 pips**

// this level 4 short was occuring after a level 1 short yesterday evening out of the regular trading time15:30 cet: Level 1 long @1.2069, made a high @1.2187 (>20:30 cet) => +118 pips**GBPUSD

>9:00 cet: Level 4 long @1.8928, made a current low @1.9023 (>14:30 cet) => +95 pips **

// this level 4 long was occuring after a level 2 long yesterday evening out of the regular trading time

>16:00 cet: Level 1 short @1.8808, made a current low @1.8774 (>20:30 cet) => +34 pips **

// That was indeed a very risky signal, because it came very late. We had a movement of over 170 pips proceeding this signal - dangerous! - but in this case with a lucky end

** maximum favourable excursion ex spread not eaqual to realized pips for each signal

This day should outweigh all for yesterday...

mibl

all of level 1 was riskier because they had 20+pips in one candle

harold4x:
here what the gbp signal looked like at 830 est or 1400 on chart as for the signals on euro and swiss at 1700 too late in session to put that trade on yyou must use decretion no blind trading or you will lose all you hard earned money pick your battles that you can win

Thanks Harold4x for the continual good quality posting:

I was not trading this day - but to be honest I would of taken that 1700 EUR /USD trade based on catfx50 signals and probably lost 20 pips or so in the process, but signal was there - so its part of learning curve.

When you say too "late in the session" does it mean 1700 CET and later ?

Whats your view - should the CET time filter be shortened to say 08:00 - 16:30 ? or am I "over analysing" - I mean I have had some good trades at this time as well....

Regards Nigel

nina:
Hi!!

Well, I think everybody is happy today!!

Nina

Well congrats Nina from Florida for Barca 2:1, now you should be happy and take of for tomorrow to celebrate.

SH

dellan:
yeah

this should happen

bacuse that i said a possibility to she do this

but of course she is no obligated, its an individual way to trade,and the planning and the action of a trade needs to be very fast, if she come to put some living trade here, she can lost pips

anyway let wait she answer,

thanks

Hi dellan,

Nina is HE not SHE

Food for thought

All.

I've been following this thread for a while and I'd like to add some thoughts. I've done well a few times taking signals and the one thing I've done way too many times is leaving profits on the table and not taking signals due to them coming in too close to either the 120 day to 200 day ema and all I can say from experience is take the signals the system gives. Today was a perfect example where I didn't take profits where I should have, and not taking signals where they come in.

From what I've seen, don't be greedy, take profits at either support/resistance levels, or take them when the 96 period cci fails. Had I done that, today would have been worth very excellent profits. I'd like everyone here to learn from my mistakes today. Don't be greedy and set realistic exits for yourselves. Take what you can, and tomorrow is another day.

I'd like to thank everyone, especially Nina for sharing this wonderful "system" with us all. The most important thing I feel I can contribute this late in the game is to take what you can (in terms of realistic risk) and wait for your next signal. I doubted the sytem due to how close it was to the 200 day ema and didn't take the sell signal on the majors. Play it safe, watch what comes in, and take your profits.

Aside from the cci 96, can someone suggest a better exit strategy other than taking profits at support/resistance levels?