Neural Networks - page 19

Is anybody using neural networks successfully in metatrader?

I have some very interesting findings (out of sample tests) bu.t it is half finished.It is pretty challenging converting the formula from one language to another(mql4)

nevar:
I have some very interesting findings (out of sample tests) bu.t it is half finished.It is pretty challenging converting the formula from one language to another(mql4)

Thanks for the info

Please, when you have some results, let us know (enough to let us know abut the results - that is what I am most curios of)

on my own:
Is anybody using neural networks successfully in metatrader?

Take a look at this picture :

the key part is the number of processors used. Similar number of processors (even more) is used by IBM in their NN experiments. Even if we had that type of hardware, metatrader is completely unable to use that power and it will never be (see the mess done by their team of experts with latest builds - I sincerely doubt that there is a single coder in their team that can do something related to parallel processing)

So, I do not think that ANN can give any usable results using metatrader

Files:
cats.gif  161 kb

Thanks you guys for the information

nbtrading:
Thanks you guys for the information

You are welcome

ANN is still a gray area - Nikei was using it for bond prices prediction (with success - using specially designed neuro proccessors) but for some reason they stopped doing that. Why? I don't know and that is what makes me a bit skeptical

Thanks man

Now I have what to chew on

To much hardware dependant

You would need to invest in hardware so much that th only way you could pay it of without risk is to HFT - and you don't need NN for HFT

You might want to check Matlab's Neural Network toolbox