T3 - page 22

T3 Velocity ...

There wasn't, there is now

Just want to use this post to explain to people a bit more what is velocity : according to Mark Jurik it is a smoother momentum. In the original velocity Mark Jurik does not use JMA (as some versions are adding JMA to it) but has a very specific way of calculating. Luckily that way of calculating is compatible with your idea, so here it is ...

First the comparisons :
upper is velocity, middle is T3 velocity and lower is momentum (all set to period 14 and using close). As it can be seen the T3 version is very smooth even without using additional smoothing (that is one of the reasons why some versions added JMA smoothing to it - to make it smoother than the original, but regardless how good the JMA is it means adding lag too. No lag adding in T3 version)

One of the advantages of T3 velocity : you can control the "speed" of it with simply changing the Hot filed. As an example : upper is with Hot 1.0 and lower is with Hot 5.0 (just as an example how you can control the "speed" of it)

PS: used default parameters to roughly resemble to the velocity indicator. But playing with hot parameter can be limitless

Boxter:
Hi mladen, is there existing a t3 velocity indicator comparable to the Jurik velocity indi ?
Files:

Multi pair T3 velocity ...

Multi pair T3 velocity posted at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178416/page12

T3 DeMarker

A smoother DeMarker using T3 in calculation posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173562

Files:
demarker.gif  23 kb

Dear Mladen and coders,

I don't know where to raise this question, so ... put here and really hope to have your reply.

In many very useful indicators Mladen created, I found this piece of code in part:

//

IndicatorFileName = WindowExpertName()

//

I understand that means the indicator would refer to this key input value to carry on its own functions and calculation. But is there any problem (ie. causing crash or slowing down processing speed of MT4 platform) when we apply an indicator many times on the same chart or the same subwindow ?

It seems to have something unusual when we have some indis on chart and each of them refers to the same value (Indi's name, in this case) in functions and calculation of their own. This especially highlighted when i apply the same indicators (stochastic color mtf for example) in the same subwindow.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Wish you all best !

There should be no issue at all ...

That is just another way of doing a multi time frame, but instead of having 2 separate files like in the "classical" multi time frame indicators it is done, it is using a single file which is doing the job of the 2 separate files-indicators (plus the target time frame it is called for (if it differs from the current time frame)). Usually it means that 2 instances of the same indicator are calculating a couple of bars 99.99% of time (except when first placed and when symbol or time frames are changed, and of course, it depends on the target time frame : weekly target time frame on a 1 minute chart needs to recalculate roughly 20.000 bars on each tick)

What I always suggest to metatrader users in cases when they use many indicators is to limit max number of bars on chart and, if possible, limit the number of opened charts. Max number of bars per chart of 5000 bars is more then enough for real time trading (just to remind that for example tradestation has much less than that as default) and if you are changing time frames frequently on a chart with great number of bars you can cause metatrader terminal get "short breathed"

fareastol:
Dear Mladen and coders,

I don't know where to raise this question, so ... put here and really hope to have your reply.

In many very useful indicators Mladen created, I found this piece of code in part:

//

IndicatorFileName = WindowExpertName()

//

I understand that means the indicator would refer to this key input value to carry on its own functions and calculation. But is there any problem (ie. causing crash or slowing down processing speed of MT4 platform) when we apply the indicator more times with different input parameters (indi's period, for example of MA mtf) ?

It seems to have something unusual when we have some indis on chart and each of them refers to the same value in functions and calculation of their own. This especially highlighted when i apply the same indicators (stochastic color mtf for example) in the same subwindow.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Wish you all best !

Changing standard TimeFrame to non-standard TimeFrame

Thanks so much Mladen ! You're so kind and opened my mind widely.

And now I'd like to ask you and other friends another question, which I wonder myself for a long time. In my trading (and others as well, as far as I know), an indicator with higher or lower timeframe than current timeframe on opening chart would be very useful in reference to analyse and decide. It's quite available with nornal (default) timeframes as default M30, H1, H4.., But if I need values of indicator of other non-standard timeframes, for example H2, H3, I only know the way is that changing period input of indicator to match TF needed (ie. in M5-chart using MA with period 480 to gain the near value of MA 5 on H8-chart). However, for some indicators, this way does not work. For example, indi "Swing line" of Mladen. Another way I can think of via using offline chart with non-standard TF, but this ... I think it's really inefficient. I wonder is there anyway simpler and more convenient to solve this case, by changing something in code of indicator I mean.

Thanks again for your patience and consideration !

fareastol

If I may suggest, here is link to a whole section that might give answers to some questions you are having : Metatrader 4 mql 4 - Development course (or in this sub-section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum )

There is a wealth of knowledge in those sections and I sincerely hope that you will be able to find a lot of answers to questions of mql coding, code interaction and efficiency, non standard time frames and all sorts of coding and mql knowledge goodies collected over a long period of time and that it can help you more than me trying to accumulate all that in a couple of sentences or posts.

all the best

Mladen

fareastol:
Thanks so much Mladen ! You're so kind and opened my mind widely.

And now I'd like to ask you and other friends another question, which I wonder myself for a long time. In my trading (and others as well, as far as I know), an indicator with higher or lower timeframe than current timeframe on opening chart would be very useful in reference to analyse and decide. It's quite available with nornal (default) timeframes as default M30, H1, H4.., But if I need values of indicator of other non-standard timeframes, for example H2, H3, I only know the way is that changing period input of indicator to match TF needed (ie. in M5-chart using MA with period 480 to gain the near value of MA 5 on H8-chart). However, for some indicators, this way does not work. For example, indi "Swing line" of Mladen. Another way I can think of via using offline chart with non-standard TF, but this ... I think it's really inefficient. I wonder is there anyway simpler and more convenient to solve this case, by changing something in code of indicator I mean.

Thanks again for your patience and consideration !

I will dig into those as you pointed out. Deeply thanks to you Mladen !

Regards,

fareastol

mladen:
fareastol

If I may suggest, here is link to a whole section that might give answers to some questions you are having : Metatrader 4 mql 4 - Development course (or in this sub-section Lessons )

There is a wealth of knowledge in those sections and I sincerely hope that you will be able to find a lot of answers to questions of mql coding, code interaction and efficiency, non standard time frames and all sorts of coding and mql knowledge goodies collected over a long period of time and that it can help you more than me trying to accumulate all that in a couple of sentences or posts.

all the best

Mladen

T3 Basic MTF version ?

mladen:
One more for the T3 collection

Simpler (code) and some additions

Parameters :

• T3Original = true - calculate T3 the original Tim Tilson way
  • T3Original = false - calculate T3 Fulks/Matulich modified way

Hi mladen, do you have the T3 basic indi also as an MTF version ?

T3 basic multi time frame ...

Something like this

Boxter:
Hi mladen, do you have the T3 basic indi also as an MTF version ?
Files: