stepma=iCustom(NULL,0,"SteMA_v7.2",10,1.4,20,0,0,0 ,0,0,0);

movarg=iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);

if (stepma>=movarg)

maval=1;

else

maval= 0;

thank you linux!

alarm

hello and in first sorry for my english...

i search "-hist_stepma_stoch_kv1_ex_03.mq4" with alert sonore , signal

if you have this indic thanks in advance and good trade

I have come full circle

I guess i have come full circle. After scorching over the net and trying with thousands of indicators. I think step indicators are the best out there. Period.

After swinging indicators for close to three years. I just could not see whats closer to my eyes. I even went naked chart trading.

So far. I think nothing matches stepIndicators. may be there are better indicators out there. but stepindicators does the job well.

Now all that is left is mastering the psychology of trading.

Files:
eurjpy.gif  14 kb

balista4:
I guess i have come full circle. After scorching over the net and trying with thousands of indicators. I think step indicators are the best out there. Period.

After swinging indicators for close to three years. I just could not see whats closer to my eyes. I even went naked chart trading.

So far. I think nothing matches stepIndicators. may be there are better indicators out there. but stepindicators does the job well.

Hi Balista...

Nice to see u around..

You've a nice chart here.. Could u please post your indicators and template??

And please tell me, the lines of support and resistance its draw by you or its an indicator??

Thanks..

balista4:

balista will you please kindly share your setup...

thanx in advance..

Hy Camisa,

could you attach your StepMA coded ?

thanks

balista4:
Hehehe.....it looks good on the chart guys but actual trading with is different from indicators ..give the set up some time, before it shows results.

Good Luck...the set is for 4 hour time frame. and works well with EJ and GJ pairs simply because they give more pips,....and are more trending...it will work on other currency pairs as well.

Trade with EJ as it is not so much fluctuating and also put the stop loss above 50 to 75 and bring it to ur entry price level when you are in profit

hellkas, thats ArrZ2x2 indicator, but too many indicator confuses you and make u wanna close trade early.. i just use it after the STEP indicators give the confirmation.

i have just changed the period from 10 to 20 rest all is same as the original step indicator ..you can play around with the settings and see whats works better .

and yeah..i have put the alarm as my own voice....you can change it to sme other alarm system when the step cross occurs

P.S ...Oops forgot, Im using InterbankFX data...i just tested it on other brokers data and the chart looks different..so depending upon your broker feed the chart will look different and you may have to adjust the settings little bit..good luck.

Yes it does look good on paper and on the sample charts but er..... what was it Han Solo said

"Look, good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

Hehehe.....it looks good on the chart guys but actual trading with is different from indicators ..give the set up some time, before it shows results.

Good Luck...the set is for 4 hour time frame. and works well with EJ and GJ pairs simply because they give more pips,....and are more trending...it will work on other currency pairs as well.

Trade with EJ as it is not so much fluctuating and also put the stop loss above 50 to 75 and bring it to ur entry price level when you are in profit

hellkas, thats ArrZ2x2 indicator, but too many indicator confuses you and make u wanna close trade early.. i just use it after the STEP indicators give the confirmation.

i have just changed the period from 10 to 20 rest all is same as the original step indicator ..you can play around with the settings and see whats works better .

and yeah..i have put the alarm as my own voice....you can change it to sme other alarm system when the step cross occurs

P.S ...Oops forgot, Im using alpari data...i just tested it on other brokers data and the chart looks different..so depending upon your broker feed the chart will look different and you may have to adjust the settings little bit..good luck.

Files:
step.zip  44 kb

In 30M time frame it seems to do well also, cos 4H is really too much time to get in now.

EJ just started making the move, GJ and GU are doing well. For weeks when GBPUSD was still and now suddenly, it is the most volatile pair , guess better to swith over