Ichimoku5 - page 2

bohannonleo71:
I just wanted to say thanks to the creator of the EA. This thing is beautiful, well that is once you get the magic combination of settings and the RIGHT currencies. There are only 7 currencies that this works with and man let me tell you they work. I finally finished testing the what 10,000 possibilities for this and since Sunday on demo Ive taken a $3k account to $10k at one lot each for the 7 currencies. If you do your homework on these as far as currencied settings are concerned you will have arrived. The Cleric

hi,

could you share some of your experience? thank you!

cya

Settings

I would also like to know your settings or at least how you arrived at them because in a backtest with the std settings on the EU 4hr its fantastic but in a live demo its not

HOW did you arrive at the best settings??????????

Richo99

This EA seems to only work with the JPY crosses. I get some good results with NZDUSD as well but the others dont work out. I will say this EA does have some trouble when the market begins to retrace. Being on a 4 hour time frame the retracements are considerable. Like in the 300 pip range. This casues continual stop outs. Then the EA kicks off and does good again. I put in a stop reverse to this system and try to capture pips going up on the retracement. I also put in a stop rest time. Meaning if Im stopped out on the stop reverse as well then the system stops trading for x amount of minutes. User defineable. Either way it does pretty good. I put a speadsheet together thats been working for me on Instaforex and IHForexx.

Files:
my_calcs_2.xlsx  13 kb

This is kind of an upgrade, the Ea was calling Kijun Sen and Tenkan Sen cross with a 34 period moving average, Kijun Sen cross, so made a Kijun Sen Tenkan Sen indicator,and made the Ea compatible with 5 digit brokers automatically, added money management(can use any size lot,.01,.1,1,etc), and Ecn broker capability(not tested yet) tested everything else on back tester and it seems to work. You will need the Tenkan Sen-Kijun Sen indicator in your indicators folder for the Ea to work.

Thanks for this. Im checking it out but had a couple of questions. When you are limit the amount of trades, I think you have (3) in there. Whats the idea behind this part. One last question, is there any way to put the komo cloud in there as a confirmation? Meaning if its above or below the cloud then make the trade?

bohannonleo71:
Thanks for this. Im checking it out but had a couple of questions. When you are limit the amount of trades, I think you have (3) in there. Whats the idea behind this part. One last question, is there any way to put the komo cloud in there as a confirmation? Meaning if its above or below the cloud then make the trade?

The max orders if working correctly if its set at 3 then Ea should open 3 orders per signal, but while testing forgot to check if it works or not. The cloud can be put in, would use close price greater or less than cloud boundaries.

mrtools:
The max orders if working correctly if its set at 3 then Ea should open 3 orders per signal, but while testing forgot to check if it works or not. The cloud can be put in, would use close price greater or less than cloud boundaries.

Hi,

Just wanted to get back to you in your upgraded version. I have had it set up since last night and its not trading. I went through all the settings but no trades yet? I did have a few on the regular Ichimoku5 EA so wanted see what it might could be.

Thanks

bohannonleo71:
Hi,

Just wanted to get back to you in your upgraded version. I have had it set up since last night and its not trading. I went through all the settings but no trades yet? I did have a few on the regular Ichimoku5 EA so wanted see what it might could be.

Thanks

Hi Bohannonleo,

The earlier version was made to trade all the time here's the buy sell call out

with all the diCustom's being Ichimoku

if ((diCustom0>diCustom1 && diCustom2>diMA3)){

OpenBuy();

return(0);

}

if ((diCustom4>diCustom5)){

OpenSell();

return(0);

What i did was this

if (diCustom0 > diCustom1 && diCustom2 > diMA3 && diCustom3 <= diMA4)

{

OpenBuy();

return(0);

}

if (diCustom0 < diCustom1 && diCustom2 = diMA4)

{

OpenSell();

return(0);

}

Doing it like this from my experience you will hopefully catch the trade when the final cross when the Ma crosses the Kijun Sen and not get whip sawed to death by trading all the time, and it back tested and I'm not seeing any errors here so pretty sure it will trade, if you prefer the other way its an easy fix to remove what i added the buy and sell the same just the sell is diCustom0 & 1 instead of diCustom4 & 5 on earlier version.

Thanks again for your time. It did make a trade.

yes ichi 5 look nice -- 30M, my fav time frame too

still using ichi2 thought

recently , ECB ensure euro just bouncing, so it could be toughie , if we have to predict correctly