Fractals - page 23

godrich

If you set the period (the FractalPeriodparameter) to some number in the fractals - adjustable period indicator, it will show a fractal half period bars back. Your question was "if i were to change the period to 1440" and my assumption is that you mean FractalPeriod which makes a half period 720 and which means that it will show a complete fractal 720 bars back. It has nothing to do with time frames - it is simply a number of bars back where the fractal will be "completed"

godrich:
thank you for getting back to me mladen.

i read through those posts but i think i may be misunderstanding the concept.

i'm genuinely a little confused as to the nature of this indicator, despite your explanation, so i was hoping to get just a little clarification.

i think i understand the concept and your answer concerning the 1440 timeframe on a 1 minute chart but the problem is i believe the indicator did not show at the time that i would expect it to (12 hours later, as in dot is placed on chart at 12am but actually shows up at 12 pm).

i think the phrase 720 bars ago is just throwing my understanding a bit.

if you would like to clarify would be appreciated, if not no worries will seek info elsewhere.

all the best

now i see where the confusion was coming from as i mistakenly said period when i meant to say I have changed the timeframe under input to 1440 and placed it on a 1 minute chart.

so then i guess really my question was if i change the timeframe to 1440, what amount of time will have to pass before the dot actually shows on the chart ?

p.s.- thank you for the pm response

godrich

Since time frame 1440 is daily, you will have to wait half FractalPeriod days for a completed (the one that will not change any more) fractal to show on chart

godrich:
now i see where the confusion was coming from as i mistakenly said period when i meant to say I have changed the timeframe under input to 1440 and placed it on a 1 minute chart.

so then i guess really my question was if i change the timeframe to 1440, what amount of time will have to pass before the dot actually shows on the chart ?

p.s.- thank you for the pm response

thanks mladen for the info, much appreciated.

hi,mladenUnfortunately,this indicator , HMA Color nrp & alerts,

repainting,plz recommend better indicator with alert

alisaberi123:
hi,mladenUnfortunately,this indicator , HMA Color nrp & alerts, repainting,plz recommend better indicator with alert

Sorry to disappoint you in your "revelations" but it does not repaint.

Show me one single example where it repaints since it is not even a multi time frame version. So, posting one single picture from your side where you can prove that it repaints will be good enough otherwise please do not tell things that are not true

All the best

PS: it is about this indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page7 so that everybody can test the "repainting" of that indicator

mladen:
Sorry to disappoint you in your "revelations" but it does not repaint.

Show me one single example where it repaints since it is not even a multi time frame version. So, posting one single picture from your side where you can prove that it repaints will be good enough otherwise please do not tell things that are not true

All the best

PS: it is about this indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page7 so that everybody can test the "repainting" of that indicator

It does not 'repaint' Sorry for quite late reply to above post but i knew it since Mladen posted that indicator

Hi mladen,

I'm trying to use the "T4 time frame fractals - adjustable period & price" indicator inside an EA.

I woul like to extract the time and price related to every arrow displayed on the graph.

In order to receive data I used the follow formula without success :

double M15_Fractal_0=iCustom(NULL,0,"T4 time frame fractals - adjustable period & price","Current time frame","next1","next2","next3",25,PRICE_HIGH,PRICE_LOW,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,false,false,false,false,0,1 );

could you suggest to me the correct way to retrieve data from the indicator ? ( or modify the indi in order to extract data from it)

many thanks,

Andrea

andreatrade:
Hi mladen,

I'm trying to use the "T4 time frame fractals - adjustable period & price" indicator inside an EA.

I woul like to extract the time and price related to every arrow displayed on the graph.

In order to receive data I used the follow formula without success :

double M15_Fractal_0=iCustom(NULL,0,"T4 time frame fractals - adjustable period & price","Current time frame","next1","next2","next3",25,PRICE_HIGH,PRICE_LOW,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2,false,false,false,false,0,1 );

could you suggest to me the correct way to retrieve data from the indicator ? ( or modify the indi in order to extract data from it)

many thanks,

Andrea

andreatrade

First error that comes to mind is the wrong indicator name. The name of the indicator is "4 time frames - adjustable period & price". Check if that is the thing that prevents you prom retrieving values from the indicator

Sorry, mladen

my stupid fault

many thanks, Andrea