Fractals - page 21

drofwarc:
Hi mladen,

Re-reading my earlier post, I realize it's not entirely clear which fractal indicator I was referring to. This is the one: Fractals - adjustable period & price & mtf.

regards,

drofwarc

Oops!

mladen, I hope you haven't spent any time on this. I've just realized that I caused the problem myself by editing the indicator code to make the lines extend. I used the same method you used in Fractals - adjustable period extended.

Here's what I changed (for both upper and lower fractals):

//else UpperBuffer=EMPTY_VALUE; // Removed this line and replaced with line below

else UpperBuffer=UpperBuffer;

Now I understand. All is good.

drofwarc

Yes, I understood that Tested it in back-test now and I am getting all the possible alerts (reversals too). Attaching a picture where there is one reverted alert too (at the top of the alerts list along with the 3 "regular" types of alerts)

The whole "trick" is to use prices different than high for PriceHigh and low for PriceLow. The example from above uses close for both PriceHigh and PriceLow (period 5 for that example) since using open for that would give no results (open does not change on an opened bar). If you use high and low you are never going to get an alert for reverted signal (it is not possible to get a reversal in that case)

Have nice rest of the weekend

drofwarc:
Hi mladen,

Re-reading my earlier post, I realize it's not entirely clear which fractal indicator I was referring to. This is the one: Fractals - adjustable period & price & mtf.

regards,

drofwarc
Files:

I see : you were making it a support / resistance kind

Glad that you sorted out the issue you had

drofwarc:
Oops!

mladen, I hope you haven't spent any time on this. I've just realized that I caused the problem myself by editing the indicator code to make the lines extend. I used the same method you used in Fractals - adjustable period extended.

Here's what I changed (for both upper and lower fractals):

//else UpperBuffer=EMPTY_VALUE; // Removed this line and replaced with line below

else UpperBuffer=UpperBuffer;

Now I understand. All is good.

mladen:
I see : you were making it a support / resistance kind Glad that you sorted out the issue you had

Hi mladen,

I'm new to coding so while I sorted this issue out, there will be another coming up around the corner, I have no doubt:).

By the way, I experimented with applying the close, rather than the high/low, on your adjustable period and price fractals indicator. I noticed that the fractals sometimes paint on different bars, as would be expected, but I don't see an immediate benefit or a different use.

Am I missing something, or is applying the close just a variation on the fractals indicator?

regards,

drofwarc

As far as I remember someone asked if it can be done (to use prices other than high-low), so it was made for that purpose

drofwarc:
Hi mladen,

I'm new to coding so while I sorted this issue out, there will be another coming up around the corner, I have no doubt:).

By the way, I experimented with applying the close, rather than the high/low, on your adjustable period and price fractals indicator. I noticed that the fractals sometimes paint on different bars, as would be expected, but I don't see an immediate benefit or a different use.

Am I missing something, or is applying the close just a variation on the fractals indicator?

regards,

drofwarc

mladen:
As far as I remember someone asked if it can be done (to use prices other than high-low), so it was made for that purpose

Thanks mladen.

Fractal that can have different length from left and right

Files:

question for mladen

mladen:
It was intentionally made that way. Last dot in the "adjustable period" version moves if newer highest high or lowest low for the desired period is found. If you want to avoid that, simply change the main loop from this :
for(i=limit; i>=0; i--)

[/PHP]

to this :

[PHP] for(i=limit; i>=half; i--)

and it will work as you expect it (but it will do the same thing as the built in fracytals - the dot will apper at half calculating bars back in the past only - the idea was to have an "early warning" of possible new fractals forming the way the "adjustable period" was made).

mladen,

have 2 questions for you concerning this indicator please:

1- when you say "half calculating bars back", if i were to change the period to 1440 when would the dot appear ?

2- regarding changing the code so the dots dont recalculate, i found two spots in the code where it has to be changed to half (as opposed to 0) following your instructions. are there only those two changes that need to be made to the code ?

thanks for any info/help you can give

quantwannabee:
Hello. Could anyone put together the RVMFractalsLevel indicator that combines multi-timeframes simultaneously-namely the monthly,weekly and daily into one indicator? It would be nice to be able to lable the diffrent levels by their respective timeframes also. Thanks in advance to anyone good enough to help.

Mladen, can you fix this indicator? It needs manually refreshes to keep it updated.

See attachment in quote^

Bump654321