Trend indicators - page 13

Very nice indicator

mladen:
This one I needed to rename : it was described by Jose Crusetin the attached document but since he calls it a Trend Strength and since there is already an indicator for metatrader with that name (different calculation behind it) I renamed it to MasTrend.

Thanks for sharing.

Files:
chart.gif  34 kb

seriously, with all hard coded in one f-la ("A") : ) - how to get "C" (p44 doc) : (

if i knew what is it :

for (; masPeriod<=Mas.End; masPeriod+= Mas.Step, masCount++)

- i would allready did it

(just two words explain(it's not a programminf thread, but...) - please, Mladen

fxbs:

Mladen, (; - looks like something missing, is it ACodeError?

dem, his code getting shorter and shorter - i'm very unhappy

now i don't even know what is it (what i'm stealing), that's apsets me

Nah, no error As of short - not short enough. The ideal would look something like this :

while(myWelth<3*WarrenBuffetsWelth) makeMeSomeMoreMoney();

but when I write it metatrader complains (can you imagine that )

fxbs:
seriously, with all hard coded in one f-la ("A") : ) - how to get "C" (p44 doc) : (

Looking for slopes of MA instead for difference between price and MA. So : if iMa(,..,i)>iMa(,...,i+1) total++ and if iMa(,..,i)<iMa(,...,i+1) total--. For speeding up maybe some more code would be needed, but that is the essence

PS: Ultra trend does the same slope comparing thing only it uses JMA for that and it's representation is a bit different, so it would be interesting to find out exactly the origin of that "slope" idea (I am not sure that it is Jose Cruset's original idea)

mladen:
Nah, no error

As of short - not short enough. The ideal would look something like this :

while(myWelth<3*WarrenBuffetsWelth) makeMeSomeMoreMoney();

but when I write it metatrader complains (can you imagine that )

Looking for slopes of MA instead for difference between price and MA. So : if iMa(,..,i)>iMa(,...,i+1) total++ and if iMa(,..,i)<iMa(,...,i+1) total--. For speeding up maybe some more code would be needed, but that is the essence

PS: Ultra trend does the same slope comparing thing only it uses JMA for that and it's representation is a bit different, so it would be interesting to find out exactly the origin of that "slope" idea (I am not sure that it is Jose Cruset's original idea)

like this

A:

{

double ma = iMA(NULL,0,masPeriod,0,Mas.Type,Price,i);

if (price > ma) total++;

if (price < ma) total--;

}

MasTrendBuffer = 100.00*total/masCount;

C:

{

double ma0 = iMA(NULL,0,masPeriod,0,Mas.Type,Price,i);

double ma1 = iMA(NULL,0,masPeriod,0,Mas.Type,Price,i+1);

if (ma0 > ma1) total++;

if (ma0 < ma1) total--;

}

MasTrendBuffer = 100.00*total/masCount;

p.s. thanks, Mladen ( though i still have no idea what "for (; " means - and you don't wanna tell nobody : (((((((

Files:

fxbs:

Mladen, (; - looks like something missing, is it ACodeError?

dem, his code getting shorter and shorter - i'm very unhappy

now i don't even know what is it (what i'm stealing), that's apsets me

Your PM box is full.

mladen:
This one I needed to rename : it was described by Jose Crusetin the attached document but since he calls it a Trend Strength and since there is already an indicator for metatrader with that name (different calculation behind it) I renamed it to MasTrend. The idea is simple : compare a price to a series of moving averages. For more details about it (not just about it) please read the attached document byJose Cruset. In general, values above 60 and below -60 are considered as strong trend.

Is there a reason you didn't plot the level lines at 60, 0 and -60?

Simple code:

#property indicator_level1 60.0

#property indicator_level2 0.0

#property indicator_level3 -60.0

#property indicator_levelcolor Gray

Files:
_cm.gif  17 kb

CodeMuncher:

Simple code:

Because it will make you billionaire

Why of course TRO

I waited on you to "improve" it. I see you are becoming a teacher now, and must say, am eagerly awaiting some new pearls of your immense wisdom :):)

PS: since you are a "dear friend" of mine and since I promised that I will try to help you in your "intellectual venture" and climbing your IQ to levels of at least 30-35, did you happen to look at this tab of any indicators properties?

No? I thought so

CodeMuncher:

Simple code:

Files:
levels.jpg  29 kb

mladen:
Why of course TRO

I waited on you to "improve" it. I see you are becoming a teacher now, and must say, am eagerly awaiting some new pearls of your immense wisdom :):)

PS: since you are a "dear friend" of mine and since I promised that I will try to help you in your "intellectual venture" and climbing your IQ to levels of at least 30-35, did you happen to look at this tab of any indicators properties?

No? I thought so

Why not build it in? Do you really want users to have to enter the same thing repeatedly? Not to mention, you yourself didn't plot those levels. Why not?