BrainSystem: Trading System Development and Trades - page 44

Testing on JPY

newdigital:
I traded on H1 timeframe taking stop loss and take profit from H1 as well but I used confirmation of the trend direction on M1. It works but sometime it is necessary to use some additional indicators. And I used old version of BrainTrading (we did not have new ones in that time).

Many thanks, I used the method you mentioned last time using 15M to confirm the 1H trend direction. In addition, I also used the 6SMA and 23SMA to confirm the main trend direction before I enter my trade. So far, this method looks quite OK for me.

FYI, I am taking a stoploss of 10pips and profit taking of 20 pips to test this system on USD/JPY. Thaks for your advice.

Regards

BT rule in one TF

Is there rule only use one TF?

and if I am new to BT?

where to start to trade with rule ( I saw a lot rule) .

which rule is prefer for new bie . and which pair is perfer for BT system

muyuan11:
Is there rule only use one TF?

and if I am new to BT?

where to start to trade with rule ( I saw a lot rule) .

which rule is prefer for new bie . and which pair is perfer for BT system

The trading rules are here as the links.

I tested manuallt the following: trading H1 timeframe with M15 confirmation.

And I used old BT indicators. Later on those indicators were improved/fixed and then constructed as 'all-in-one' indicators. But I am still prefer to use old versions.

any shortcome of BT SYSTEM

TO use system I must know the shortcome of system .

I don't think there is perfect system in world (100 percent win)

so what is shortcome of BT

DOES BT perform good result in choppy market? what about news release day ? how about asian session ? do we need time filter for BT?

Stochastic signal to exit

newdigital:
As to exit so I am using Stochastic (14, 5, 5) but for exit only. I am not using it for estimating oversold or overbought market. Just for exit. But it is something with my live account. If real deposit is bigger than mine you may close on stop loss to be moved by one of the BTStop indicator (on closed bar as well). In this case you must use more remote stop (there are two stop indicators and you should use more remote one to catch the big profit).
newdigital:
Why I am using Stochastic for exit?

To optimize the profit. It is nothing with losses. Just for profit. It is personal. People who were reading the thread about Brainwashing EA may understand it already:

- some people want to catch the big movement with big profit and agree to lose something just because of the possible big profit;

- some people agree with some profit, just some, without big losses and big profit, just to receive some profit in average.

If you are second one use Stochastic for exit.

If you estimate yourself as the first one - do not use any Stochastic indicator at all.

When I see Stochastic I want to use it as a filter during the overbought and oversold market. I am not suggesting to use it. Use just S&R or High/Low indicator you will have one in template). It will help more.

Well. Let's estimate the profit if we use Stochastic as a filter as well during the overbought and oversold market:

- GBPUSD: we will not open sell on 15/12 at 3 pm. Thus we will have +94 usind Stochastic as exit and +3 usingBraintrading system for exit (one of BTStop indicator.

- EURUSD: we will not open buy on 12/12 at 2 am, sell 13/12 at 6 am, sell as well on 15/12 at 4 am, sell on 16/12 at 1 am and buy on 16/12 at 4 pm. So, we will have -(minus) 11 using Stochastic exit and - (minus) 30 without it.

- USDCHF: we will not have sell on 12/12 at 2 am, sell on15/12 at 2 am as well and buy on 15/12 at 4 am. Thus we will have +69 using Stochastic and -(minus) 9 without anything.

Thus, totally we have +152 using Stochastic and - (minus) 36 without it.

Without Stochastic as a filter:

+258 (exit using Stochastic) or

+85 on exit on BTStop indicator.

Big differences.

So, the conclusion:

Use Stochastic for exit only and not as a filter. If we use Stochastic for exit we must understand that it will optimize the profit (reduce or increase to have something good in average) and we will never have big profit during the big movement.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172939/page6

newdigital:
When I see the good signals from Stochastic (14, 5, 5) I may exit using this indicator (image 1).

But I am not trading when the market is noisy and we have a lot of signals on H1 timeframe with contradiction with each other. If I want to trade on noisy market I am not using the Stoch for exit.

This Braintrading system is very sensitive and the Stochastic indicator may be used as a market condition indicator: if this indicator is moving according to the rules described in the books (from down to up and opposite by cycles in right way) I am using this Braintrading system. This "right" ("as in the book") movement of Stochastic was before Christmas. Between Christmas and New Year was special case (and noisy, and some influence to the market). So you may decide to use Stoch for exit or not.

This Stochastic indicator is not part of the system. You may use any indicator you are comfortable with.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172939/page8

newdigital:
Thus. we have in total on 3 pairs:

+258 (exit using Stochastic)or

+85 on exit on BTStop indicator.

So as I am not trading at night and open the orders within 8 am till 4 pm alpari time so I had just small profit. It was not my week (I should have just about +50 or p or less).

But for the people who are trading at night (alpari time) was very good week.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172939/page6

befor you use Stochastic to exit . what is rule ? overbuy or oversell then cross? is it a good exit rule? it looks good result. do you still use it now?

I still think it is very intresting rule to exit and very low risk . it do can average risk and profit . I mean it will make a small profit larger and lower some large profit caused by strong trend .

maybe we shoud keep test this exit rule . maybe should keep it .

newdigital:
Today is Friday. Why some people (incl me) affraid to trade on Friday? Look at the images and you will understand:

if the market was on uptrend (for example) on Thursday, so, most probably, it will be downtrend on Friday and continuing uptrend on Monday. Why? Because of the news. There is EA somewhere on this forum which was design especially to trade against the main weekly trend on Friday. Profitable EA. So, some people (incl me) affraid for Friday.

I know some people who are affraid for Monday.

But it is an other story.

do you trade by using BT system on friday?

muyuan11:
TO use system I must know the shortcome of system .

I don't think there is perfect system in world (100 percent win)

so what is shortcome of BT

DOES BT perform good result in choppy market? what about news release day ? how about asian session ? do we need time filter for BT?

You mean what is bad in this system?

- BT system understands clean trend only. If BT system does not understand some trend as a trend so we are not trading. It is good sometimes but we may miss some good pips.

- BT is very sensitive concerning breakout. I used dayHL indicator (red and blue horizontal dots) just to know when the trading is not risky but when we may wait for the breakout. I did not trade breakout cases using this system as it is very risky and difficult to prefict the results simetimes.

- my local timezone is GMT+2 and GMT+3. So I traded within my local hours (8 till 18 or 7 till 20). But one pair may be traded at GMT night (USDJPY) and it may be good for the people who are trading in GMT night.

- I did not switch trading during the news. As the system understands clean trend only so simple we will not open any order during the news: we will not have any signals to open the order in that time. But ince we opened the order already so we should monitor the news of course. Because stop loss value is very very thin.

- BT is signal system. And not every indicator can work with this system. For oversold/overbought I used standard Demarker.

- I used Stiochastic just for trend confirmation. Just to know that we are still having the trend. And for exit. But we can not use Stochastic for every timerame: it works for H1, H4 for example.

- as BT is signal system so this system is having all negative aspects which any signal systems are having.

- BT system was designed to enter in the beginning of the trend. As we know those "beginning of the trend" may be mistaken by market. So, we can not fully avoid false entrance.

- may many good indicators does not work with this BT system. But positive aspect is the following: almost all standard Metatrader's indicators are working fine together with this system.

- very difficult to use this system for scalping, or for M1 or M5 timeframes.

- BT systems are very sensitive with brokers' data. If you will use old BT indicators (i used old BT indicators) so I may have buy with Alpari broker but you may have nothing with IBFX for example. Some programmer created 2 all-in-one indicators with spread parameter so this problem was fixed: the signals are the same now with every broker. But i am still prefer to use old indicators because I like to see buy or sell concerning the data I am trading and not concerning some unified data. But it is personal subject.

thank you for your explanation . I got to understand it more clearly than befor .

my english is poor

about forward test

Did you use some indecator that is not metioned in rule (for example H1 RULE) to get good result for the demo or forward test.

If I fellow the rule and not add more indecator to verify entry and exit , could I still get good result as you .

thanks

I want to follow the rule you develop , but I am afraid that I can not do it as good as you . I have poor experience for using indicator .

newdigital:
USDCHF.

Confirmed buy order should be opened in 23rd of January at 20 (8 pm) - GMT+1.

We have two stop loss indicators and we may choose any.

price to enter: 1.2422

Stop loss #1: 1.2463 (it was closed today only) with +41 pips

Stop loss #2: 1.2413 with -9 pips.

EURUSD.

Confirmed sell signal should be opened in 24th of January at 7 am.

The signal is confirmed according to 2 bar confirmation rules (usually I use 3 bar rules).

price to enter: 1.3023

Stop loss #1: 1.2987 (it was closed today only) with +36 pips

Stop loss #2: 1.2980 with +43 pips.

USDJPY.

two signals.

1. Confirmed buy in 24th of january at 11 am.

price to enter: 121.42

Stop loss #1: 121.14 with -28 pips

Stop loss #2: 120.98 with -44 pips.

2. Confirmed sell in 24th of january at 17 (5 pm) - GMT+1.

price to enter: 120.95

Stop loss #1: 120.84 with +11 pips

Stop loss #2: 120.84 with +11 pips.

This sell signal was closed right now.

Totally for two days for 7 pairs:

stop loss #1: +20 pips.

It was difficult market during those two days.

We don't need to change the rules.

Besides I did not take into account the iTrend indicator and Parabolic.

If I take into accout iTrend indicator so the first signal on USDJPY will not be valid and we will have

+48 pips for two days.

here I think you use 3 m15 bar comfirmation .what is mean? If H1 signal appear 11:00 PM ,and we have comfirmer m15 bar at 10:30 only three bar ? not wait H1 CLOSE?

sometime I saw you use 4 M15 confirmation , eg https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172939/page24

for AUDUSD ,here I think you use 4 bars comfirmation .

so I am a little confused. should we use 3 or 4 bars comfirmation?which one is more safer? and if I use 3 bars confirmation and enter a trade ,and 4th bar not confirm when 4th m15 bar closed ,what should i do now.