DayTrading2

With statement attached from Jan.

1200 P/L in two days.

Download it here

Files:
statement.htm  7 kb

Updated results

Here is an updated result. Some losses. The negative ones I had to close myself. What this thing lacks is a SL. The reason for closing manually is I went to school, and came back to a large negative.

Files:
statement.htm  20 kb

HI Jan:

I have downloaded the EA and attached to my 5 min chart. I have check the live auto trade. Wait for a day and there is no open trade. Do you know why? or something I need to adjust.....

Thx.

vanman, I have had similar experiences with this EA, although I like what it does overall. I wonder if a stop loss would help or it you just need to trade small enough to bear through the big drawdowns?? I am going to forward test it for a while on a demo with small lot sizes so I can just let it run with no intervention.

samahdi, I have had several trades today on M5 with no mods. But nothing on EUR/USD. Maybe that is the chart you attached it to?? I have it attached to all four majors plus aussie and loonie.

Here is what it has done today. I will post occasional updates of the forward test.

Files:

Here is the full week of daytrading2. No intervention. I will continue with the forward test and update this thread with the results.

Files:
statement_1.htm  18 kb

Eric:
Here is the full week of daytrading2. No intervention. I will continue with the forward test and update this thread with the results.

Very good results.

I'm going to do some improvements and will upload it on monday here.

Best regards.

shi channel

Can anyone take the shi channel indicator and add it into daytrade expert to where daytrade only buys if the slope is at an up angle or only sells if its in a down angle?

I really like the SHI Channel indicator and I think it could be very useful as part of an EA. I'm not sure if it is right for the daytrading2 EA though since the daytrading2 EA relies on opposite signals to close trades (instead of a stop loss). These opposite signals would probably often be counter to the slope of SHI.

I think it would work best on an EA that was specifically designed for the 15M timeframe, since SHI is designed for 15M charts. I would love to see it.

Latest results of forward testing. M5, default, no intervention.

Not so good this week. The week started off fine but then it got beat up the last couple days with the reversal. The majority are still winners, but it is the large losers that ate it up.

Even though this EA does not use a S/L (it exits on signal reversal), some have suggested that maybe a wide S/L of 60-80 would help. This would give the trades room to work and hopefully still win a large majority of trades, but it would bail out of the big losers (you can see in this statement that this week produced a few 200-300 pip losers).

Files:
statement_2.htm  26 kb

Results

OK people

Attached is the results for Daytrading02 from start to present. Not too good. It does win a lot, but every now and again you get a massive loss that is realy not good.

Timeframe: M5

4 majors only

No manual intervention

24 hr operation

Regards

Jan

Files:

vanman:

Attached is the results for Daytrading02 from start to present. Not too good. It does win a lot, but every now and again you get a massive loss that is realy not good.

Agreed Jan. I eventually stopped testing it because of that. The percentage of winning trades is nice and it will have nice runs, but it only takes a few of those "massive loss" trades to wipe it all out and put you in the red.