Indicators: Zig Zag & Fibonacci

Zig Zag & Fibonacci:

One of the best indicators about with a slight tweak to make it less noisy. Shows ZigZag lines to help spot cycles and draws Fibonacci lines to indicate support and resistance levels.

Zig Zag & Fibonacci

Author: Brett Jones

Zig Zag & Fibonacci
Zig Zag & Fibonacci
  • Brett Jones
  • www.mql5.com
One of the best indicators about with a slight tweak to make it less noisy. Shows ZigZag lines to help spot cycles and draws Fibonacci lines to indicate support and resistance levels.

Thank you very much for doing this, I really like this, however I have a white chart background, and the fibo lines are yellow.  I've looked at the code

but cannot find where to change this.  Is it possible to add an option?

ObjectCreate("Fibo", OBJ_FIBO,0, Time[PreviousZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[LastZigZag], Time[LastZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[PreviousZigZag]);  

Regards & thank you

kate

Hi, i have the same problem, my background chart is white and can't see fibo lines :(

regards

peter

Files:
12390.jpg  72 kb

This seems not possible, I am afraid.

To change an objects color, we would add:

ObjectSet("Fibo", OBJPROP_COLOR, clrDarkBlue); // or any color you like, type clr and get suggestions :)

After:

ObjectCreate("Fibo", OBJ_FIBO, 0, Time[PreviousZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[LastZigZag], Time[LastZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[PreviousZigZag]);

And this works like a charm....but! Only the diagonal connection-line between the high and the low changes its color and the horizontal (Fib) lines remain yellow. No matter what I tried :(

Funny decision of the mq4 team :)

kate682:

Thank you very much for doing this, I really like this, however I have a white chart background, and the fibo lines are yellow.  I've looked at the code

but cannot find where to change this.  Is it possible to add an option?

ObjectCreate("Fibo", OBJ_FIBO,0, Time[PreviousZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[LastZigZag], Time[LastZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[PreviousZigZag]);  

Regards & thank you

kate

Hi,

Here is a quick work around:

If the very bottom if statement of code where it says:

ObjectCreate("Fibo", OBJ_FIBO, 0, Time[PreviousZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[LastZigZag], Time[LastZigZag], ExtMapBuffer[PreviousZigZag]);

Add this:

ObjectSet("Fibo", OBJPROP_LEVELCOLOR, clrWhite);

Best Regards

Brett

piotrekm060:

Hi, i have the same problem, my background chart is white and can't see fibo lines :(

regards

peter

Hi,

Here is a quick work around:

If the very bottom if statement of code where it says:

Add this:

ObjectSet("Fibo", OBJPROP_LEVELCOLOR, clrWhite);

Best Regards

Brett

flofri:

This seems not possible, I am afraid.

To change an objects color, we would add:

ObjectSet("Fibo", OBJPROP_COLOR, clrDarkBlue); // or any color you like, type clr and get suggestions :)

After:

And this works like a charm....but! Only the diagonal connection-line between the high and the low changes its color and the horizontal (Fib) lines remain yellow. No matter what I tried :(

Funny decision of the mq4 team :)

Files:

hey mate, 

I found that your ZigZag indicator keep shifting to new candlebars as appeared. 
it does not show a FIRM entry!!! from buy order.....keep dropping and running down to sell order. wtf mate

tankyou...this indicator very usefull 

Hi,

This sound very useful.

Do you have this code for MT5?

Thank you.

Thanks for making this indicator. I'm trying to change the code so the Fibonacci starts where the Red and Blue lines are (the last *FIXED* swing low/high). You have the lines correct, but the Fib isn't right. But my programming skills are lacking and I can't figure it out. If you could give us a work around your indi would be absolutely PERFECT. Thanks a lot.