problems with order send

Hello,

im translating my ea from mt4 to mt5 and i have some problems to set the orders.

for (int i=0;i<PositionsTotal();i++){
      PositionSelect(i);
      if(PositionGetInteger(POSITION_MAGIC) == magic){
         if( PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE) == POSITION_TYPE_SELL ) Sold++;
         if( PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE) == POSITION_TYPE_BUY ) Bought++;

}
         }

if ( Sold   == 0 && Close > OpenPrev && Close > prevClose  ) OpenPendingShort(SL_Sell, Entry_Sell);     
         if ( Bought == 0 && Close < OpenPrev && Close < prevClose  ) OpenPendingLong( SL_Long, Entry_Long );

}  

as long the line with  Bought == 00 i never get any sold order. i can try to delete the Bought line to get sold order.

the main idea behind is, look if there is some working orders ( in mt4 was working and pending) and if there is no one set some new one with the void function.

please be so kind, and do not refere to the help files. im not an english native and the german documentation is crap.

The code you provided has unbalanced brackets, a typo ? Your issue is unclear (at least to me), maybe you can show the mql4 code you want to convert ?

You can also print your variable's values to see why your condition isn't triggered.

here is the original MQL4 code

for (i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++){
      OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);
      if(OrderComment()==Text && OrderMagicNumber()==MN){
         if(OrderType()==OP_BUYSTOP || OrderType()==OP_BUY) Bought++;
         if(OrderType()==OP_SELLSTOP || OrderType()==OP_SELL) Sold++;
      }
   }

if( Bought==0 && SMA10 > SMA40){ //no buy order

Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots, Kauf,3, SLLong, 0,Text,MN,TimeCurrent() + 24 * 60 *60 ,Blue);

}

if( Sold==0 && SMA10 < SMA40){ //no sell order

Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,Lots,Verkauf, 3,SLShort, 0,Text,MN,TimeCurrent() + 24*60*60,Red);

}

amando:

here is the original MQL4 code

Ok.

PositionSelect takes a string as parameter (symbol), and return a bool, you have to check this value to see if all is ok.

For pending orders, you have to use OrderXXXX functions.

// NOT TESTED, NOT COMPILED

for(int i=0;i<PositionsTotal();i++)
     {
      string symbol=PositionGetSymbol(i);
      if(PositionSelect(symbol))
        {
         if(PositionGetInteger(POSITION_MAGIC)==magic)
           {
            if( PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE) == POSITION_TYPE_SELL ) Sold++;
            if( PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE) == POSITION_TYPE_BUY ) Bought++;
           }
        }
     }
   for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)
     {
      ulong ticket=OrderGetTicket(i);
      if(OrderSelect(ticket))
        {
         if(OrderGetInteger(ORDER_MAGIC))
           {
            if(OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE)==ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP) Sold++;
            if(OrderGetInteger(ORDER_TYPE)==ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP) Bought++;
           }
        }
     }
   if(...)

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5