Experts: Rabbit3

Rabbit3:

The strategy uses two indicators Moving Average, MA with different periods, Commodity Channel Index, CCI and Williams’ Percent Range, %R.

Author: Vladimir Karputov

Automated-Trading:

Rabbit3:

Author: Vladimir Karputov

Dear Vladimir I tried to taste rabbit 3 on daily bases for swing trade, but MT5 informed "taster stopped because OnInit failed"; Do you know the reason? Thanks in advance, Filipe

filipenax :

Dear Vladimir I tried to taste rabbit 3 on daily bases for swing trade, but MT5 informed "taster stopped because OnInit failed"; Do you know the reason? Thanks in advance, Filipe

You provided little information. The error description is always printed.

Vladimir Karputov:

You provided little information. The error description is always printed.

I downloaded the file here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/17511; compiled; went to "Exibit"; Test the strategy; in the "Configuration" of the EA test I selected the EA downlodad; selected a Stock; timeframe I selected "Daily"; "Last Year"; "open price"; "no latence"; wrote na amount ; "Optimization" I left to don't work ; and Started the test.... Than, the test do not run, shows that MT5 is waitting for atualization, and in the bottom shows a "stop" signal in one of the lines with this message "tester stopped because OnInit reports incorrect input parameters". Do you know Why? Best Regards,
Rabbit3
Rabbit3
  • votes: 15
  • Vladimir Karputov
  • www.mql5.com
Author of the idea — Peter, author of the mq5 code — barabashkakvn.   The strategy uses two indicators Moving Average, MA with different periods, Commodity Channel Index, CCI and Williams’ Percent Range, %R.  Launch the EA on timeframes higher than M30.

filipenax :

I downloaded the file here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/17511; compiled; went to "Exibit"; Test the strategy; in the "Configuration" of the EA test I selected the EA downlodad; selected a Stock; timeframe I selected "Daily"; "Last Year"; " open price "; "no latence"; wrote na amount ; "Optimization" I left to don't work ; and Started the test.... Than, the test do not run, shows that MT5 is waitting for atualization, and in the bottom shows a "stop" signal in one of the lines with this message "tester stopped because OnInit reports incorrect input parameters". Do you know Why? Best Regards,

You did not check the terminal logs. All errors are printed in the terminal logs. Watch attentively.

Insert here a screenshot from the strategy tester, such tabs: "Settings" and "Inputs"

Specify the type of trading account: netting or hedge

Specify the name of the merchant server that you are connecting to

I strongly recommend that you carefully look into the tester's log:

Error

Ffollow a screenshot from the strategy tester. BR

Files:

filipenax :

Ffollow a screenshot from the strategy tester . BR

What is it? Where does this screenshot come from? You clearly took a screenshot NOT FROM "Rabbit3".

Follow the steps:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Experts: Rabbit3

Vladimir Karputov, 2017.11.28 12:34

You did not check the terminal logs. All errors are printed in the terminal logs. Watch attentively.

Insert here a screenshot from the strategy tester, such tabs: "Settings" and "Inputs"

Specify the type of trading account: netting or hedge

Specify the name of the merchant server that you are connecting to

I strongly recommend that you carefully look into the tester's log:

Error

Vladimir Karputov:

What is it? Where does this screenshot come from? You clearly took a screenshot NOT FROM "Rabbit3".

Follow the steps:

Sorry, this one I took from your other EA, the RSI_Stochastic where I found the same problem... Follow the right one. Thanks in advance. Filipe
Files:

filipenax :

Sorry, this one I took from your other EA, the RSI_Stochastic where I found the same problem... Follow the right one. Thanks in advance. Filipe

I already advised above: carefully read the log. The error is listed in the log. Look carefully. Read the log carefully. All descriptions of the error are in the log.

Vladimir Karputov:

Follow the steps:

Sorry, I am new here. What does "Hedging only" means? How can I change from  netting to hedge? Thanks agains and sorry to bother you... Filipe

filipenax:

Sorry, I am new here. What does "Hedging only" means? How can I change from  netting to hedge? Thanks agains and sorry to bother you... Filipe

hedge?
hedging = the ability to open buy and sell on the same time, and you are selecting this type of account during the openning it: when you are openning demo account so you will be asked for hedge or netting.

For example - go to this link - 

---------------

MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account 

---------------

and when you enter personal data to open an account so you will tick the following: "use hedge in trading".
If you tick it so you will get hedge account, if not so it will be nettings account.

---------------

For example - My account is hedging account: 

Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a training mode without real money, allowing to test a trading strategy. They feature all the same functionality as the live ones. The difference is that demo accounts can be opened without any investment...