Freelnce raised to minimum 20$, is it good/bad? - page 4

Fernando Carreiro:
They could just set a limit on the number of open arbitration cases allowed per coder/user and then block the coder from offering their services any further, until it is either shown that it was in their favor, unblocking them, or if it is against them, permanently banning them from the Freelance section.
Yes, it's an idea.

There could be several solutions, the main problem being professionals should not have to pay for poor coders and "fake" jobs.

Rating systems work.

But if the customer is of that kind that give a bad rating if the EA they had coded isn't profitable then you get a bad review even if you are the best coder.

And there are a lot of those customers i see it all the time.

The lowest standard that i have seen in other area's was around 35$ of which 8$ was to be commission.

I think Meta has to crunch the numbers and not just pick something like 20$ or else they will discover even that won't work out.

It's perfectly possible to do the calculations needed to come up with the real threshold number where things start to work out.

Marco vd Heijden:

Rating systems work.

But if the customer is of that kind that give a bad rating if the EA they had coded isn't profitable then you get a bad review even if you are the best coder.

And there are a lot of those customers i see it all the time.

The lowest standard that i have seen in other area's was around 35$ of which 8$ was to be commission.

I think Meta has to crunch the numbers and not just pick something like 20$ or else they will discover even that won't work out.

It's perfectly possible to do the calculations needed to come up with the real threshold number where things start to work out.

Yes Marco you are right

more customers tried that with me, in the beginning the customer is very optimistic and active, after he receives the prototype he would delay and search for reasons to cancel the job anyhow!

but I am not totally with the increasing the job developer's charge to minimum 50 USD, let us say the customers are betting by their money to get a profitable EA

(all of us want the profitable EA), then if the EA is not a profitable any more then he might not return to open another job(s) because he spent more money for them (job, 2nd job, 3rd job.... 50usd 50usd 50usd ...)

so, the 20 USD average is little fair between developers and customers as well