Put an EA on a chart with F5 key (no use of Navigator)

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to write a script which will allow the placement of an EA onto a chart by pressing the F5 key?

I have an order placement EA which I want to be able to place on a chart without having to open the navigator to put it on.

My preference would be to use the F5 key (or another F key) to trigger a script which then caused my order placement EA to be placed on the selected chart.

Possible? Impossible? If Impossible, why?

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Cheers 

Beacon 

beacon:

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to write a script which will allow the placement of an EA onto a chart by pressing the F5 key?

I have an order placement EA which I want to be able to place on a chart without having to open the navigator to put it on.

My preference would be to use the F5 key (or another F key) to trigger a script which then caused my order placement EA to be placed on the selected chart.

Possible? Impossible? If Impossible, why?

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

EA or Script ?  you can assign hotkeys to Scripts, Indicators and EAs,  in the Navigator (Ctrl + N) find your Script or EA right click it and assign a Hotkey of your choice.

beacon:

You can but not with F5 I think.

Navigator - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Navigator The Navigator window gives the quick access to various features of the terminal. It can be shown/hidden by the button in the "View" menu, in the "Standard" toolbar or using the "Ctrl+N" key combination. The navigator window contains two tabs: Common and Common Accounts This group shows all demo and live accounts opened in the...

RaptorUK:
EA or Script ?  you can assign hotkeys to Scripts, Indicators and EAs,  in the Navigator (Ctrl + N) find your Script or EA right click it and assign a Hotkey of your choice.

Raptor,

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate your help.

I didn't know that function was on the contextual menu.

You have saved me many keystrokes :) 

Cheers,

Beacon 

angevoyageur:

You can but not with F5 I think.

angevoyageur,

Thank you for your detailed answer to my question.

And thank you for taking your time to help me.

Happy New Year! 

Best to you,

Beacon