Experts: VFX London Breakout - page 16

aaronk449:
Hi there, Pretty new to MT4 and trying to achieve profitable results with back testing but not having much luck. I'm located the EST and have London open set to 10:00 (my servers time is 24:00 when it's 5pm in NY). I'm not really seeing any error messages in the Journal, but consistently get negative profits when running the strategy tests. I've tested both the EURAUD and EURUSD. Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong? And thanks for generously sharing your EA.

Hi, I'll post new setting files for these pairs soon. I hope this helps you with your tests.

Amazing! I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.

Good Day to all,

thank you for the free code, i am trying to test the ea for the period from Jna 2017 and dec 2017, unfortunately, no  positions been opened. i didi try changing risk, time and all other possibilities like shot only long only long and short. but nothing happening. i am able only to test the ea starting from 7 march 2018. trying on Alpari demo,with enough initial. i appreciate your feed back. 

tha

even for 2018 prior to 7 March, i am getting he history and chart running but no positions being opened.

Please use the new version that I made available for testing in the forum https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/283460.

Remember to check for possible warning messages on the Journal tab.

V1N1 LONY Breakout 5.10
V1N1 LONY Breakout 5.10
  • www.mql5.com
Automated trading system for breakouts in the London and New York sessions, which considers trading ranges formed during the Asian sessions...

Just scrawled through all the comments here and really impressed with your generosity...replying to everyone about a free ea...pretty impressive!

I am very new to fx trading. I like the breakout startegies as seems quite simple and low risk. As a beginner do you think i will be able to figure out and install your ea ok or shall i wait till i have more than a fee weeks experience!? 

Louis Lamprell:

If you are now starting with EA tests, I believe these articles may be helpful: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1385.

Other articles on this topic: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/mt4/strategy_tester.

Testing and Optimization of Expert Advisors
Testing and Optimization of Expert Advisors
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides a detailed description of the process of testing and optimizing Expert Advisors in the MetaTrader 4 Strategy Tester. The importance of such information and the need for this publication cannot be underestimated. A lot of users who only get started with the MetaTrader 4 trading platform have a very vague idea of what and how...

Guys
I dont see the files
Hows that?

Aronn:
Guys
I dont see the files
Hows that?

VFX London Breakout

Am having an issue with this EA please can someone help. The EA opened a EURUSD buy only position yesterday being Monday and today it didn't open any position it was still holding Same position opened yesterday now I want to understand does it mean the EA won't open any other positions until the current one takes profit or stop loss. Because I analysed the chart and a breakout happened but it didn't open a new position please can someone Help thanks