Experts: VFX London Breakout - page 6

janwan:

Hi Vinicius,

A‌fter a put the settings in the tester folder , no result in strategie tester.  In journal this message: 2017.03.09 19:40:15.314 2017.01.01 00:00:00  VFX_London_Breakout_-_Trail_h_BE inputs: LondonOpen=36000; PosMonday=3; PosTuesday=2; PosWednesday=2; PosThursday=2; PosFriday=2; PosRiskBy=0; PosRisk=0.5; StopLoss=300; TakeProfit=600; TrailingStop=250; TrailingStep=10; Breakeven=0; MaxRange=380; MinRange=110; BreakRange=10; MaxSpread=15; Slippage=10; MagicNumber=112233; 

2017.03.09 19:40:12.098 TestGenerator: current spread 18 used

‌2017.03.09 19:40:09.928 Expert VFX_London_Breakout_-_Trail_h_BE EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully

I restarted the MT4 but no result.

Hi janwan,

Note the texts highlighted in the Journal tab messages.

In the default settings, the Maximum Spread parameter is set to 15 points.‌

Solution: You can increase the value of the Maximum Spread parameter (or set to zero) OR set a smaller value in the Spread field of the Strategy Tester, okay?

Kind regards.‌

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Hi janwan,

Note the texts highlighted in the Journal tab messages.

In the default settings, the Maximum Spread parameter is set to 15 points.‌

Solution: You can increase the value of the Maximum Spread parameter (or set to zero) OR set a smaller value in the Spread field of the Strategy Tester, okay?

Kind regards.‌

janwan:

Hi Vinicius,

Y‌es now it's working, what time frame is best to use for eurusd?

janwan:

Hi Vinicius,

Y‌es now it's working, what time frame is best to use for eurusd?

The results will be the same in any timeframe.

Hi Vinicius

I've been testing your EA with a small real account. I'm runing the tests only with GBPUSD and with the same config file that you uploaded for this pair when you first published the strategy.

I have 2 comments of some issues that I've had so far.

1) Yesterday the EA traded short twice. I think the EA is configured to enter just once in a given direction by day. So you could have 1 short and 1 long in any given day but you shouldn't have 2 shorts or 2 longs on the same day. Is this correct?. I think the problem might be that I might have restarted my MT4 between those 2 trades so maybe there is some kind of flag in the EA that avoids this and when I restarted the EA, those flags were erased. If this is the case then it's my fault. But anyway I would like to know what you think of this.

2) The strategy traded yesterday but if you run the Strategy Tester for yesterday, the simulation doesn't show any trades. Now this is something that I would like to fix since it shows a difference between the results that you get when simulating and the results you get in a real account. Please find below a screen shot of the two short trades of yesterday. Do you know why there is a difference between the simulation and the results on the real account?

https://gyazo.com/2d2a17f0dbf3385033e1cf1c7a5444be

Thank you and have a good day

asoto81:

Hello asoto81, thank you.

1) The version 1.10 of this EA can open more than one position in the same direction per day, but, if you prefer, I posted version 1.12 (post ) that can open only one long position and one short position per day (if the MT4/EA is not restarted);

2) I believe you have set a value for the London Opening Time input parameter to run in your account and is running in the Strategy Tester with another value. For example: the setting of this parameter for your account is 11:00 and for the Strategy Tester is 10:00, it's not that?

Kind regards.

Experts: VFX London Breakout
Experts: VFX London Breakout
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5 programming forum

Hello Vinicius

I've set up 4 positions with a small account containing around 200 euros. Risk set at 3%. Curious to what will happen!

TheDudeForex:

Hello Vinicius

I've set up 4 positions with a small account containing around 200 euros. Risk set at 3%. Curious to what will happen!

Hello TheDudeForex,

I hope you succeed.

Maybe this version might be useful for you. With it you can set your own trading range for different times, considering the current day (London opening, New York opening, and other settings you want...).

Good luck!

Files:

Hi,

Tnx!

It has opened some positions today, too be honest I don't like the ones that are open right now very much:P(short EUR 3 times while EUR isn't very bearish at the moment) But we'll see how it's doing in the long term.

What I noticed is that it opened a buy EURAUD at a top resistance level of an uptrend, hit the SL at a lower point, opened a SELL directly afterwards and position is now heading towards the resistance level again where it's SL is positioned.(see graph)

TheDudeForex:

Hi,

Tnx!

It has opened some positions today, too be honest I don't like the ones that are open right now very much:P(short EUR 3 times while EUR isn't very bearish at the moment) But we'll see how it's doing in the long term.

What I noticed is that it opened a buy EURAUD at a top resistance level of an uptrend, hit the SL at a lower point, opened a SELL directly afterwards and position is now heading towards the resistance level again where it's SL is positioned.(see graph)

Hi, EURAUD and EURUSD closed on TP, that's good!     :)