Experts: VFX London Breakout - page 4

Hi Vinicius,

I'am making an extensive test of the ea wich is very interesting

is it correct that the ea put more than one order on a cross in the same day? I had more that one stop loss in the same day

probably this is the reason why the test i did on the breakeven / trailing version give erratic results

is it possible to limit to one trade a day for a cross?

thanks

ericholzer:

Hi Vinicius,

is it correct that the ea put more than one order on a cross in the same day? I had more that one stop loss in the same day

probably this is the reason why the test i did on the breakeven / trailing version give erratic results

thanks

Okay, I'll do it over the weekend.

Kind regards.

Hi!! Vini

please if my time is GMT +0

EA is 10:00 right? 

ROM:

Hi!! Vini

please if my time is GMT +0

EA is 10:00 right? 

Hello!

No, if your broker's time is GMT, EA should be 08:00.

Please note that from 26 March 2017 London time will change (DST).

Kind regards.

Hi, and srry for my poor english :(

i've tried this ea during 2 days (thursday and Friday) on the 10 pairs with yours 10 settings for each pairs but the ea didn't open position. I've tried during the day to switch M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4 but nothing :( my broker is xm.com but i suppose the problem is not here.....any idea ? i needn't to launch a special indicator or something else ? 

Tchip:

Hi, and srry for my poor english :(

i've tried this ea during 2 days (thursday and Friday) on the 10 pairs with yours 10 settings for each pairs but the ea didn't open position. I've tried during the day to switch M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4 but nothing :( my broker is xm.com but i suppose the problem is not here.....any idea ? i needn't to launch a special indicator or something else ? 

Hello!   :)

This EA does not use indicators.

I need to know:

1. Are you testing at what time (GMT)?
- This EA trades during the first 5 hours of the London session.

2. What is the deposit amount of your test account?
- If you are testing on an account with a small deposit amount, set "Risk By: Fixed Lot - 0.01", for example.

3. Does your test account support micro lots?
- If your account does not support micro lots, try to make the change in the code that was suggested in post  (2017.02.07).

4. In your test account, is the price quote 4 or 5 digits?
- For the parameters in Points, the default settings are for 5 digits.

5. During the backtests, the positions are opened?
- Check the Experts and Journal tabs for possible error messages and, please let me know.

Also consider increasing the values ​​of Maximum Spread and Maximum Price Slippage (for Instant Execution accounts).

Kind regards.

the time to watch is server time for VPS

I made this error considering my time and not server time so I write this suggestion for all (my VPS is one hour ahead)

thaks 

Hello Vinicius, I am using with good results your VFX London Breakout by a couple of weeks, with recommended pm setting.

I have a curiosity. I observe that the trade are often long, they can be closed in the following days. I'm wondering if in your optimization you have detected also a good set of parameters for a shorter trading, to close in few hours

I look forward your kind reply

David 

ericholzer:

Hi Vinicius,

thanks

Hi ericholzer

- This version can open only one long position and one short position per day;

- Now you can set the Trading Time in the London session (in the previous version this value was fixed in five hours);

- Added the Bars To Close Positions parameter. The position is closed after a certain number of bars of the current timeframe. If you do not want to use this option, set 0 (zero).

I hope it's useful.

Kind regards. 

David Barbi:
Hello Vinicius, I am using with good results your VFX London Breakout by a couple of weeks, with recommended pm setting.

I have a curiosity. I observe that the trade are often long, they can be closed in the following days. I'm wondering if in your optimization you have detected also a good set of parameters for a shorter trading, to close in few hours

I look forward your kind reply

David 

Hello David,

I have not detected it yet, but I'm still testing new settings.

I'm glad the EA is being helpful to you.

Kind regards.