Experts: VFX London Breakout - page 2

How to change the code to test on brokers that do not work with micro lots:

In the CalculateVolume() function, where it is written

Lot = NormalizeDouble(Risk / TickValue, 2);

Replace for

Lot = NormalizeDouble(Risk / TickValue, 1);

Thus, the calculated lot value is rounded to only 1 digit after the decimal point.

I dont think why you give your robot free.

Hi.

Just wondering why in 6 years you didn't have a long successful trade for eurusd. Thank you and best regards

asoto81:
Hi.

Just wondering why in 6 years you didn't have a long successful trade for eurusd. Thank you and best regards
Hello,

In this strategy, with these settings, EURUSD is not profitable in longs, but feel free to try out other settings, make code updates, add filters to improve the entries, include strategy to close positions while identifying possible market reversals, and please, share your improvements.

Kind regards.

Hi,

very good work with great background on optimization for settings

In backtesting I saw that the same parameters have terrible result in 2005 - 2008 period

Have you elaborated some ideas about what have changed in the market?

In the last years the result is awesome with very little drawdown.

For cross where you exclude some day from trading you choose typical news days or is only an optimization result?

thanks 

ericholzer:

Hi,

very good work with great background on optimization for settings

In backtesting I saw that the same parameters have terrible result in 2005 - 2008 period

Have you elaborated some ideas about what have changed in the market?

In the last years the result is awesome with very little drawdown.

For cross where you exclude some day from trading you choose typical news days or is only an optimization result?

thanks 

Its not meaningful to backtest an EA so far back, because the forex market has changed a lot since.

The whole forex world has more than tripled in the last decade and this has affected a lot currencies and their trading behaviour. 

Eleni Anna Branou

Thank you for your explanation.

ericholzer

The original idea of this strategy was to trade long and short in the EURUSD and GBPUSD on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with the risk and return ratio of 1:1. However, in the backtests, the best results were with these settings, and several other pairs also performed well on some day of the week for some type of operation.

Thank you for your comment. 

thanks for the reply

in the EA the time is London start on server time right?

so if my server is gmt+1 I have to put 09:00

just to be sure 

ericholzer:

thanks for the reply

in the EA the time is London start on server time right?

so if my server is gmt+1 I have to put 09:00

just to be sure 

Exactly.

I see in the market a VFX London price action

what are the differences?

thanks