When are you planning to move on MT5 ? - page 5

Marco vd Heijden:

Then the challenge becomes to make things profitable and to keep things profitable despite these limitations.

But it will be easier to get without those limitations, don't you think ??.  Why do I have to adapt to those limitations instead of eliminating them ??? Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez: You have not decompiled, but many other people did, and stole months of effort from many developers.

You use ticks history when you are trading live ???, How do you do it ??, Are you saving the ticks to a file ??

That also has many limitations. Do you have the platform turned on 24 hours a day? If yes, still you'll NEVER keep all the ticks, for many reasons. I guess you'll know that.

And regarding backtesting, there are very few data sources, in fact, almost everyone uses the same source. How much have you paid for third-party software for something that MT5 does natively in an easy and free way ???. How many hours have you spent downloading and preparing those data ??? And then, a month later, you repeat the same process to download and prepare the new data ???, and so on??.

No, it is not because of poor quality of the trader or the developer, it is because of the limitations of the product.

Let me ask you a very simple, but famous question - "Do you want to be Right or do you want to make Money?"

As @Marco vd Heijden correctly stated and I quote:

Then the challenge becomes to make things profitable and to keep things profitable despite these limitations.

EDIT: It is the Photographer that makes a photo be considered good, not the Camera!

Fernando Carreiro:

EDIT: For example - What makes a photo be considered good and appealing - the Camera or the Photographer?

If you use a camera with a poor quality lens it is impossible to take good pictures. Even if you're the best photographer in the world.

However if you use a good quality reflex camera is much easier than you get. But using that camera does not make sure you get it. One thing is to eliminate the limitations and another thing is that you do not know how to use properly.

Having a good camera is a necessary condition, but not sufficient. You also have to know how to take advantage of them.

Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez: If you use a camera with a poor quality lens it is impossible to take good pictures.

However if you use a good quality reflex camera is much easier than you get. But using that camera does not make sure you get it. One thing is to eliminate the limitations and another thing is that you do not know how to use properly.

Having a good camera is a necessary condition, but not sufficient. You also have to know how to take advantage of them.

Wrong! There are some very famous and beautiful photos taken with the most antiquated, outdated, primitive and inadequate hardware one could ever imagine!

Trading and Development are the same. Yes a better product can help, but not an absolute necessity.

Besides, there is the fact that not everyone agrees that MT5/MQL5 is a better product - it has its pros and cons just like MT4/MQL4.

EDIT: Arguing this with you has become futile, as your opinions are too rigid and set. There is no more point in discussing this with you any further!

Fernando Carreiro:

Let me ask you a very simple, but famous question - "Do you want to be Right or do you want to make Money?"

If you know the real data you can make money more easily. One thing influences the other. If you are able to make money despite the limitations, it means that you could make much more,  without them. It's obvious.

Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
But it will be easier to get without those limitations, don't you think ??.  Why do I have to adapt to those limitations instead of eliminating them ??? Regards.

There will always be limitations.

The art lies in creating the best solution to work around the obstacle so that you can move on to the next.

Fernando Carreiro:

Wrong! There are some very famous and beautiful photos taken with the most antiquated, outdated, primitive and inadequate hardware one could ever imagine!

EDIT: Arguing this with you has become futile, as your opinions are too rigid and set. There is no more point in discussing this with you any further!

One thing is that it is outdated and another thing is that it has a good lens. There are very old cameras with very good lenses. They are totally different things. If you use a camera with poor quality lenses is almost impossible to take a good picture, or at least, is very very difficult.

If it's so difficult for you to learn mql5, you can remain managing all the mql4 limitations till it can't be used anymore. You can choose, but then you will have to adapt or use another marginal platform.

In my opinion, what you says does not make any sense. Is it better to have limitations than not to have them ???

Maybe the one with a closed or rigid mind is you.

Regards.

Marco vd Heijden:

There will always be limitations.

The art lies in creating the best solution to work around the obstacle so that you can move on to the next.

Sure, but in MT4 they are much more numerous, hahahahaha. Regards.

One thing is that it is outdated and another thing is that it has a good lens. There are very old cameras with very good lenses. They are totally different things. If you use a camera with poor quality lenses is almost impossible to take a good picture, or at least, is very very difficult.

If it's so difficult for you to learn mql5, you can remain managing all the mql4 limitations till it can't be used anymore. You can choose, but then you will have to adapt or use another marginal platform.

In my opinion, what you says does not make any sense. Is it better to have limitations than not to have them ???

Maybe the one with a closed or rigid mind is you.

You really are very close minded! Do you even remember when MT5 introduced real tick data? Very recently! Yet you argue about it as if it was the "holy grail".

Let me tell you that there are products out there that have had real tick data access for decades, so I ask, why are you not using those better products?

Does it even matter? No it does not! Famous traders have made much more money then any of us combined and all they had was pencil and paper in hand, with no computers, nor charts nor any "tick history" at all. Only their wits and the current prices.

Stop arguing about what is so obvious! It does not matter if it MT3, MT4, MT5 or MT2156. What ever the version, it will always have its pros and cons and people that like it and those that don't. Just accept it!

Sure, but in MT4 they are much more numerous, hahahahaha. Regards.

I don't think so, and besides if that is true and i can still make it work, then that is fine with me.

Sometimes the modification, or addition of features can pose for limitations themselves,

It's just how skilled you are to work with it.

I have to say i am not aware of any limitations, you say more numerous maybe you can name some?

I think it's better to discuss the limitations themselves then camera lenses.