MT4 data feed when market is closed

Hi guys

I wish to have the MT4 to have the prices update when the market is closed (weekend) so I can test EAs immediately while I am coding them without backtest.

The data prices obviously are random or past data.

Does anyone know of  way to do that  or a plugin that allows that?

Thank you

If the market is closed, that means there are no prices. Why would you want random data vs actual data using a visual backtest?

whroeder1:
If the market is closed, that means there are no prices. Why would you want random data vs actual data using a visual backtest?

I want to be coding and when I click on compile to see immediately the result on the chart. To see in the chart if my code is doing what I want it to do. And for this to happen the price needs to be updating.

I don't care about checking profitability.

It is not clear what you are asking.

Obviously, prices cannot update when the market is closed.

If you mean that you just want the EA to go through its imitial actions for the sake of testing, call OnTick() at the very end of OnInit().

Michalis Phylactou: I want to be coding and when I click on compile to see immediately the result on the chart. To see in the chart if my code is doing what I want it to do. And for this to happen the price needs to be updating.

Then your code is not properly written!

If it is an indicator, then it should work correctly even if no ticks are coming in!

If it is an EA, and you need to update visual aspects then use either the OnTimer() or OnChartEvent() handlers. OnTick() is for processing tick data, and if there are none, then it should do nothing else.

EDIT: Besides, there is Visual Back-testing (and Debug) for verifying that it is working correctly as well!

Fernando Carreiro:

Then your code is not properly written!

If it is an indicator, then it should work correctly even if no ticks are coming in!

If it is an EA, and you need to update visual aspects then use either the OnTimer() or OnChartEvent() handlers. OnTick() is for processing tick data, and if there are none, then it should do nothing else.

I am aware of that. 

I could just put the whole code in the OnInit() part if that was the case to see .

There are certain aspects you want to check them while the price is updating.  

With backtest need to correct code, click start , wait till it goes to the specified part and repeat. 

Nevertheless does anyone know if there is a plugin or a method that will force  the prices to change? 

Michalis Phylactou: when I click on compile to see immediately the result on the chart.
  1. Click Compile, if it does
  2. Click Activate Terminal/F4
  3. Click Start
Big whoop, two extra clicks, PICNIC

Michalis Phylactou:

I am aware of that. 

I could just put the whole code in the OnInit() part if that was the case to see .

There are certain aspects you want to check them while the price is updating.  

With backtest need to correct code, click start , wait till it goes to the specified part and repeat.

Nevertheless does anyone know if there is a plugin or a method that will force  the prices to change? 

So why can you not use Visual back-test or Debug exactly? You have not given any valid point against it!

Unless you are not using the Visual back-test or Debug correctly, none of the reasons you gave are valid!