Signal with EAs

Hi,

1. is it allowed to publish, provide (and even sell) a signal from an account where purchased EAs are used?

2. is it allowed to monitor accounts with purchased EAs as private signal?

I could not find it in the rules.

Please provide the source with the rule if possible.

Best regards.

As far as I know - it is not recommended to do the following (not prohibited, it is just not recommended):

• receiving the signal/trades on the account, and
  • trade on this account by EA or manually on the same time.

Of course its allowed. Half of MQL5 signals are running bought EAs from the market and of course it is allowed to monitor accounts with purchased EAs as private signal and as public signal as well.

I don't know what Sergey mentioned (As far as I know - it is not recommended to do the following, not prohibited, it is just not recommended) is written? I haven't seen anything like it.

Thank you all.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal with EAs

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.01.07 10:05

Of course its allowed. Half of MQL5 signals are running bought EAs from the market and of course it is allowed to monitor accounts with purchased EAs as private signal and as public signal as well.

I don't know what Sergey mentioned (As far as I know - it is not recommended to do the following, not prohibited, it is just not recommended) is written? I haven't seen anything like it.

Could not formulate it in right way sorry.

I mean the following (from FAQ):

Open positions and pending orders do not allow Subscriber's account to correctly copy Provider's signals.

• Subscription to a signal means that you completely rely on Provider's trading strategy. Positions and pending orders created by you or any other signal are not part of the current Provider's trading strategy.
  • The volume of copied trade operations is calculated based on the value of account balance. Subscriber's positions opened manually or by any other signal increase the deposit load and may also prevent signal copying due to insufficient free margin or lead to Margin Call.

I wanted to say that if the trader is using same account to receive the trades from the signal provider and to trade by some EA (on same account on the same time) so it is not recommended (by MQ).

Of course Sergey, you are right. Its not right to sell a signal that is copying positions from another signal in any way or form.

Eleni Anna Branou:
Of course Sergey, you are right. Its not right to sell a signal that is copying positions from another signal in any way or form.
Thank you all for clearing that up.