EventSet*Timer() doesn't work

Hi,

I encountered a problem with new, updated MQL4. Both timers (millisecond and second one) work fine when I start EAs after the terminal is started (by d&d them on charts).

However, when the EA is loaded with the platform start (for example, when I close the terminal with EAs running and then open it again), all Timer functions return false and they won't work. I can't even get them to work by re-trying then in OnTick() function, the only way I can fix this is to manually remove EA from a chart and put it there again, which is something I would really like to avoid.

Minimal code to reproduce:

int OnInit() {
    bool timerOk = EventSetMillisecondTimer(50);
    Print("Timer started: " + timerOk);
    return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
}

void OnDeinit(const int reason) {
    EventKillTimer();
}

void OnTimer() {
    Print("T");
}

Will print 'Timer started: false', if and only if the EA was on a chart when the terminal started.

Is this known issue, can this be circumvented somehow?

Regards,

Ravadre 

Is this happens on MT5 too ?

If it's only with the beta MT4, then please report it on ServiceDesk and/or eventually in related topic on mql4.com forum.

Beta MetaTrader 4 Build 555 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
Beta MetaTrader 4 Build 555 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - MQL4 forum

angevoyageur:

Is this happens on MT5 too ?

If it's only with the beta MT4, then please report it on ServiceDesk and/or eventually in related topic on mql4.com forum.

It is MT4 beta specific (just checked). I posted it on this forum, as I was hoping that someone had this issue before (or maybe that it was present in mt5 - it's not though). I will report this on appropriate forums.

Thank you for hints.

Ravadre:

It is MT4 beta specific (just checked). I posted it on this forum, as I was hoping that someone had this issue before (or maybe that it was present in mt5 - it's not though). I will report this on appropriate forums.

Thank you for hints.

Please post it to the appropriate open thread . . . don't create a new thread.