EA not working - please help!

Hi all.   Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Using Mt4.

I had 1 EA which was placing trades fine.  I then made another working on a separate chart, which also placed trades for me.

I now have 4 EA's all placed on completely different charts.

None of the new EA's are placing any trades (including the 2 that had placed trades)

They all have the smiley face in the corner of their respective charts.  Live trading is enabled in all of them.  There are no error messages at all in the journal.  I did not change the EA of either EA that had been placing trades automatically.  I have tried downloading and opening separate instances of MT4 for each separate EA (this isn't actually needed though is it?)- no luck.

I am totally out of ideas - can anyone shed any possible light on this?

Thanks 

Probably not without seeing some code!

tippy I am totally out of ideas - can anyone shed any possible light on this?
  1. There are no mind readers here, we can't see your broken code.
  2. Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.) Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 forum

Sorry - I think I may have been unclear here.  My friend is using exactly the same EA on the same currency pair and it's working perfectly.  I suppose the type of advice I was after was could there be external factors - such as my firewall - that could affect the EA?  Given that I have not changed the EA since it was happily placing trades for a month for me, I was - possibly incorrectly - ruling out the code itself, which is why I didn't post it.

If you try going back to having only 1 EA running and it works again, the problem is almost certainly in the code.

MT4 can run multiple instances of the same EA across several charts, or multiple different EAs across several charts, without issue. 

honest_knave:

If you try going back to having only 1 EA running and it works again, the problem is almost certainly in the code.

MT4 can run multiple instances of the same EA across several charts, or multiple different EAs across several charts, without issue. 

Will try this...thanks for the suggestion.

tippy:
Will try this...thanks for the suggestion.
No joy sadly.  Is it possible that my broker blocked EA trades?

tippy:

There are no error messages at all in the journal.

What do you see in the Experts log (next to the Journal tab)?

honest_knave:

What do you see in the Experts log (next to the Journal tab)?

Nothing that looks like there's a problem.  The occasional uninit reason 5, 2 or 1. 

Strangely enough, I manually did a trade and my EA DID CLOSE it, as per the code, but DID NOT open a new one. 

guys my ea is not executing any transaction// its just saying buy or sell please guys need help

void OnTick()
{
//create a string for the signal
string signal="";
//create an array for the price data
double myPriceArray[];
//define the ICCI EA
int ICCIDefinition = iCCI (_Symbol,_Period,14,PRICE_TYPICAL);
//sort the data from the currect candle downwards
ArraySetAsSeries(myPriceArray,true);
//defined EA, buffer 0, current candle, 3 candles, save in Array
CopyBuffer(ICCIDefinition,0,0,3,myPriceArray);
//calculate the value for the current candle
double ICCIValue=myPriceArray[0];
//sell signal
if (ICCIValue>100)
signal="Sell";
//buy signal
if (ICCIValue<-100)
signal="Buy";
//chart output
Comment("Signal: ", signal);

};
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

tippy Using Mt4.
lagjaspe1: guys my ea is not executing any transaction// its just saying buy or sell please guys need help
  1. Why are you posting your MT5 code in the MT4 section?
  2. Don't Hijack other threads for your off-topic post. Make a new thread.
  3. You create the CCI handle in OnInit and use it in OnTick. It takes time before the indicator has computed its data.
  4. Of course, it only says buy or sell. You have no code to open orders.
  5. Help you with what?