Experts: Ichimoku Kinko Hyo System

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo System:

An EA fully based on the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo system.

Author: mjprater

I do not see any trade. How to do?

Does it run on EURUSD, too?

Oh I just see trades in usdjpy.

Tobias Grosse:

I do not see any trade. How to do?

Does it run on EURUSD, too?

Oh I just see trades in usdjpy.
It is for JPY pairs, the point conversions may be different on other pairs

its done 3 trades so far today. all closed in loss. its got one open which is currently in loss.

ahtiram:
its done 3 trades so far today. all closed in loss. its got one open which is currently in loss.
It is designed for H1 time frame and it should be trading on average four times a week, with the kumo set about 200 to filter out ranges. I have experimented with shorter times but it's just to random. The Ichi works best on higher time frames H1 and above, H1 being ideal

mjprater:
It is designed for H1 time frame and it should be trading on average four times a week, with the kumo set about 200 to filter out ranges. I have experimented with shorter times but it's just to random. The Ichi works best on higher time frames H1 and above, H1 being ideal
Yeah i loaded it on all the jpy pairs on the 1hr time frames and kumo is on its default setting of 300.

I guess you'll have to let it ride, or customize the code to your liking. For me, I have done backtests and demo tests on EURJPY USDJPY and GBPJPY and I have had the best results consistently with USDJPY. GBPJPY was 2nd, and EURJPY the least preforming and not very profitable. I am running it on the USDJPY currently on a live account with low leverage. I started it last week and have had 3 trades $-18, -17 and $39. So far so good for me. I am turning it off tonight to avoid the rate hike news tomorrow.

My initial desire to post the EA on the codebase was to get some constructive criticism to make the program better. I have been messing with this for a while now and I need more eyes running the code to get a better perspective of its performance. So any such suggestions would be appreciated.

it hasnt opened any in the usdjpy or eurjpy or gbpjpy yet. iv also turned it off for now, mainly for the same reason u mentioned. i will turn it back on probably on Monday. i wish i could give you some constructive criticism, unfortunately im not so good with coding so i can only share my experience. i normally trade using the ichimoku system hence why i found it interesting. i hope you are able to further perfect the system as i would love to use it. 

Here is a quick fix for anyone interested on using this for all currency pairs:

Replace this line in the code

double kumo=(SenkouSpanALatestByPriceF-SenkouSpanBLatestByPriceF)*1000;

to this

double kumo=(SenkouSpanALatestByPriceF-SenkouSpanBLatestByPriceF)/Point;

its on line 190 in the meta editor for me

//--------------------------

If you would like to make it close on the Tenkan-sen cross rather than the Kijun-Sen then replace this line

if(HaveLongPosition)
     {

if(Close[1]<kijunSenHist)

to this:
   if(HaveLongPosition)
     {

if(Close[1]<tenkanSenHist)

for both havelongPosition and haveShortPosition

This is the more traditional style of close and works much better on H4 time frames (and probably higher)

Hi, I was trying to develop something like this by using Ichimoku rules but I'm not good in programming yet.

Have you tested it without setting the kumo size to 300 and instead of this just setting the condition that Senkou Span A > Senkou Span B for Long entries and the opposite for Short entries?

It should allows to anticipate the entry point and get more profit.

It would be also interesting to test it on 4h timeframes and not only currency pairs but also raw materials like Crude Oil, Natural Gas etc.

If you like we can get in touch to discuss it better...

Thanks