[FEATURE REQUEST] Linux Metatester agent

Hi there MetaTrader developers,

I really understand how difficult would be porting the whole MT terminal into a Linux-compatible design.

However, on the other hand, I think that it is long past the time of a Linux MetaTester agent.

So, can you please consider a Linux version for MetaTester?

Thanks,

- RF.

[EDIT]

P.S.: If you are also interested in this feature, please add your reply to the thread, so MetaTrader people can gauge the interest in this feature.

i am!

IMHO MetaQuotes Software Corp should be interested in creating a Linux version too.

Linux OS share is slowly but stably growing (though salesmen are not too much interested in selling new PCs without Windows - their additional profit :(  ).

But with every new problem of Windows 10 updating, viruses (which are almost a part of Windows system) and the end of system support for Windows 7 and 8, Linux share will be greater.

So, MetaQuotes developers, do something not too lose Linux-based traders, who always can choose some alternative to MT4/MT5 broker .

Operating system market share
  • www.netmarketshare.com
This report lists the market share of the top operating systems in use, like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.

I would like this feature 

Hi,

I am really looking forward to this, if MetaQuotes is reading this, do implement an easy-install type linux version. If it can be more of a standalone application that doesn't need special dependency installations then it would be a lot easier to deploy across many systems. I greatly appreciate the Meta Tester application, Thanks!