Computer on to receive signal?

Hi,

Does my computer need to be on 24/7 to receive signals? I have read conflicting views. Some say yes, others no.

Others say that I should use virtual hosting etc etc...The correct answer would be appreciated...Thanks. 

marklouca:

Hi,

Does my computer need to be on 24/7 to receive signals? I have read conflicting views. Some say yes, others no.

Others say that I should use virtual hosting etc etc...The correct answer would be appreciated...Thanks. 

It should be on 24/7 (24/5; means: 7 except weekends = 5 because market is closed for the weekends).
But you can use Virtual Hosting instead. The Metatrader (receiving the signal) is running on VPS - read this post for more information.

Sergey Golubev:
It should be on 24/7 (24/5; means: 7 except weekends = 5 because market is closed for the weekends).
But you can use Virtual Hosting instead. The Metatrader (receiving the signal) is running on VPS - read this post for more information.
Great...Thanks

Dear Sir, I Try to Test ( Free Trial from Webzilla Dallas ) my EA just only running modify order for sell stop, after I migrate from my platform, All migration successfully Started status already in hosting, I turn off my EA on my Plaftorm, but EA which run on the virtual  doesn't do anything, is the server down ?

Achmad Wijaya:
Dear Sir, I Try to Test ( Free Trial from Webzilla Dallas ) my EA just only running modify order for sell stop, after I migrate from my platform, All migration successfully Started status already in hosting, I turn off my EA on my Plaftorm, but EA which run on the virtual  doesn't do anything, is the server down ? 

Mql5 VPS (Virtual hosting)?
If yes so - did you make sinchronization? Because EA on mql5 VPS is always in autotrading ... of course you can remove the EA but you should make a sinchronization after this action just to transfer this action to VPS for example.
Read this small thread with examples MQL5 Virtual Hosting Question (execute manual trading)

Sergey Golubev:

Mql5 VPS (Virtual hosting)?
If yes so - did you make sinchronization? Because EA on mql5 VPS is always in autotrading ... of course you can remove the EA but you should make a sinchronization after this action just to transfer this action to VPS for example.
Read this small thread with examples MQL5 Virtual Hosting Question (execute manual trading)

I did it Sir, Ok I will try it again, Btw Thank your for help Sir

Update Status still not work after sync Sir

I try to analyze it, maybe the problem come from my EA logic, algorithm inside call function to another time frame, I see the sync just only to the active Time Frame

Achmad Wijaya:

I did it Sir, Ok I will try it again, Btw Thank your for help Sir

Update Status still not work after sync Sir

I try to analyze it, maybe the problem come from my EA logic, algorithm inside call function to another time frame, I see the sync just only to the active Time Frame

What is Webzilla Dallas?
Because we are talking about our mql5 VPS.

Sergey Golubev:
What is Webzilla Dallas?
Because we are talking about our mql5 VPS.
It's External provider vps, and I don't know to much about it :)