MetaQuotes "This is the last MT4 upgrade" IMPOSSIBLE !! - page 6

If Metaquotes want switch to mql5 I don´t understand the why metaquotes don´t make a fusion of languages. Metatrader 5 could run customs EAs in mql4 and mql5. Don´t make sense rewrite every mql4 program. I tried sometimes rewrite a mql4 program to mql5 only substituting functions mql4 to mql5 (https://www.mql5.com/pt/articles/81), but don´t worked, the mql5 indicator compiled but showed crazy results in the charts. So, I would need time and effort to learn to program mql5, but I don´t think that worth it for now.
Migrando do MQL4 para o MQL5
Migrando do MQL4 para o MQL5
  • Sergey Pavlov
  • www.mql5.com
Este artigo é um guia rápido para as funções da linguagem MQL4, ele o ajudará a migrar seus programas do MQL4 para MQL5. Para cada função do MQL4 (exceto funções de negociação), são apresentadas a implementação do MQL5 e descrição, isso permite a redução do tempo de conversão significativamente. Para conveniência, as funções do MQL4 são divididas em grupos, similar à referência MQL4.

Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah:

Official MT4 website still allow user to download MT4 installer, where you got the news? Don't start panic.

except it isnt mt4 its 5 

all this problem because they didn't make it compatible with last version, why is so difficult to do that?

I only want MT4. I rebooted my computer and did a complete clean up. Now I can not Pull up MT4 but only MT5, Im pretty pissed off about it.

They are dishonest. By not saying something, they are saying something.....its BS. 

The first Broker who has a bonafied MT5 platform will bring in a lot of traders.

Tonight may end up a late one just to reset  everything. 

Kevin Kehoe:

I only want MT4. I rebooted my computer and did a complete clean up. Now I can not Pull up MT4 but only MT5, Im pretty pissed off about it.

They are dishonest. By not saying something, they are saying something.....its BS. 

The first Broker who has a bonafied MT5 platform will bring in a lot of traders.

Tonight may end up a late one just to reset  everything. 

You can only download MT4 from a broker's website nowadays.

yes but is different then the MT4 platform I use to use.

I cant run my EA on it

Kevin Kehoe:

yes but is different then the MT4 platform I use to use.

I cant run my EA on it

Why can't you?

Eleni Anna Branou:

Why can't you?

Try recompiling the code in the new platform MetaEditor.