Help me selling MQL4 Program

Hi guys, this is my very first thread here. I been building a program with MQL4 that I use to create various systems based on candlestick patterns and price action. It is based on filters that can be activate and deactivate and it contains around 7 filters. It includes a risk management subsystem and is able to place orders automatically or send an email so the trader can discretionally decide to enter or not the trade. 

I have a few questions. If I want to add this program to market, how big is the market now for MQL4 or should I invest time migrating it to MQL5? 

From your experience, what are the key points I should consider to market my program?

I have all the code with MQL4, how do I prevent the code to be hacked and copied?

I would appreciate if you could share your experiences in marketing a MQL4 program.

A last thing, how big in terms of money is this market?, i.e., how much can be made in the MQL4 Market for a good program/EA?

Thank you 

Is my question that silly? Does it makes any sense? Either way, would love to hear something from you. 

Thank you very much. 

jfxtrade:

Is my question that silly? Does it makes any sense? Either way, would love to hear something from you. 

Thank you very much. 

Hi jfxtrade,

I hope a person who is more knowledgeable than I comes to assist you soon, but in the first instance have you considered running a signal on a small balance real account (or demo account) to show what your creation can do?  My personal view is that figures speak for themselves, and what people are prepared to pay for something is directly proportional to the value it brings.  If you can demonstrate through signals that your system is robust, profitable and has a manageable level of risk I am sure that signal subscribers would take an interest, and if its really good you might develop a bit of interest in the program itself.  There are many examples of other signals doing this (for example, filter the MQL4/5 signals for a high number of subscribers and see the sort of results you get).

Good luck with your program!

Kind regards,

Paul 

Thank you Paul for you comment, was very helpful.